Shane van Gisbergen grabbed second in the 2014 V8 Supercars championship with victory in another rain-shortened Homebush race. In a repeat of Saturday's race two conditions, a dramatic storm hit the Sydney street track and rapidly flooded the circuit. Van Gisbergen's Tekno Holden was the car to beat regardless of the weather. He quickly charged forward from third to first in the damp opening laps...
Dec 05, 2014
V8 Supercars' second Homebush race was halted early by a massive downpour over the Sydney street track, handing Jamie Whincup a second win of the day. Whincup had burst from fourth to first in a spec...
Dec 05, 2014
V8 Supercars champion Jamie Whincup overcame upstart leader Tim Slade to win the opening race of the season finale on Sydney's Homebush street track. A heavy crash for Whincup's Triple Eight Holden t...
Dec 02, 2014
V8 Supercars has released details of its plan to allow for the possibility of a greater range of brands and models for 2017. The Gen2 Supercar is the next stage for the sport following the implementa...
Dec 01, 2014
Ford will withdraw from V8 Supercars at the end of 2015. The manufacturer did not make a public announcement, but communicated its decision to stakeholders on Monday morning. The move follows plans b...
Nov 25, 2014
Following the news that 25-year-old V8 Supercars star Shane Van Gisbergen will return for his second run at the Rolex 24 At Daytona, two of the series' most dominant drivers tell RACER they'd also li...
Nov 21, 2014
Swedish driver Robert Dahlgren will leave the Garry Rogers Motorsport-run Volvo Polestar V8 Supercars team at the end of 2014 after a single season. Dahlgren has been the only European driver competi...
Nov 20, 2014
Australian racing ace Marcos Ambrose and PIRTEK Fluid Transfer Solutions have "put the band back together" at Dick Johnson Racing. PIRTEK was the naming rights sponsor on Ambrose's car during his six...
Nov 15, 2014
Scott McLaughlin grabbed a second victory of the Phillip Island V8 Supercars weekend when Garth Tander ran out of fuel within sight of the line in race three. Fuel mileage was a concern for the whole...
Nov 14, 2014
Jamie Whincup clinched a record sixth V8 Supercars championship with his 13th win of the year in race two at Phillip Island. Whincup's last remaining title rival Mark Winterbottom grabbed the lead of...
Nov 14, 2014
Scott McLaughlin resisted huge race-long pressure to give the Volvo S60 its third V8 Supercars championship round race win in the Phillip Island opener. Poleman McLaughlin led throughout in the Garry...
Oct 25, 2014
Jamie Whincup moved closer to retaining his V8 Supercars title with a dominant victory alongside co-driver Paul Dumbrell in the second race at Surfers Paradise (scroll down for video highlights) Afte...
Page 1 of 11
Subscribe to Racer
- F1: Sutil says pay driver situation "out of control"
- F1: Alonso needed new team, says Massa
- Loeb admits he needs to improve his race craft for touring cars
- Kurt Busch denies abuse allegations in court appearance
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs Racing reveals new Carl Edwards colors
- IndyCar: Coyne and Rossi conversations making progress
- F1: We can force engine changes for 2016, Ecclestone warns
- F1: Perez says Verstappen can't listen to doubters
- Kubica to stay in WRC next year
- F1: Ricciardo feels ready to lead Red Bull
Video: The Champions Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Exciting on board and visor cam videos from The RACER Channel.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-12-21 16:54:52' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-12-21 16:54:52' ) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614