Last Updated: March 12, 2014
Information Collection and Dissemination
- In general, you may visit this Digital Offering or use the companion mobile applications (collectively referred to as the "Digital Offering") without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- As you browse our Digital Offering, the Digital Offering collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate Digital Offering traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all Digital Offering visitors. We may use the information to personalize the Digital Offering according to your preferences based on the aggregated information. We may also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you.
- Some portions of this Digital Offering may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers (Personal Information) and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information (Financial Information), for, without limitation, subscriptions to our publications and other products. If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communications may be collected as Personal Information. It is optional for you to engage in an activity that requires you to provide Personal Information or Financial Information; however, if you do not provide the required Personal Information or Financial Information, you will not be able to engage in such activity.
- If you elect to provide us Personal Information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. Other uses of Personal Information are described elsewhere in this Policy.
- If you submit Financial Information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations, etc.
- Racer uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store Financial Information, such as credit card information on its website. We do retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes.
- Racer uses third-party vendors to deliver its Digital Offering so your Personal Information may be shared with them to the extent necessary to deliver the service requested.
Unless you opt-out, we may share your Personal Information with Racer's affiliates and partners and third parties licensed to access your Personal Information by any of the foregoing. To opt-out, send us an email to
Several companies unaffiliated with Racer provide email deployment services for our email messages. We provide Personal Information, such as e-mail addresses, to these vendors for the purposes of e-mail deployment; such Personal Information is only used by them for that purpose and not for any other business activity.
We sometimes provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from this Digital Offering to third parties.
Information on Children
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. On-line registration and Digital Offering usage is restricted to adults.
Your Newsletter Subscription
You can opt-in to our newsletter mailing list, or remove yourself (opt-out) at any time by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters you receive. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to take effect.
Update Your Print Subscription Information
You can correct or change your print subscription information online on our Customer Service page, or by calling 877-425-4103 (outside the U.S. 845-267-3047). Please allow 2-4 weeks for changes to take effect. RACER magazine subscriptions are managed by a fulfillment service that is not affiliated with Racer. The information you provide when subscribing to RACER magazine will go to this company for the purpose of paying for and fulfilling your subscription.
Third Party and Affiliated Links:
Our Digital Offerings may contain external links to other Digital Offerings including suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other Digital Offerings. We do not endorse any of these Digital Offerings or the products or services associated with such Digital Offerings merely because they are linked to our Digital Offering.
Other Publications and Services
Email A Friend
Online Ad Serving
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Digital Offering. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this Digital Offering and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
A "cookie" is a bit of data sent by a Website through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. Racer uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its Website are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor's browser with information tailored to the visitor's preferences and needs. Racer also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor's computer after the visitor leaves a Racer Website.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser's settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser will prevent our Website from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the
Website's features and information.
We may provide areas on our Website where you can publicly communicate with others. If you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal Information.
Notification of Changes
Video: The GT Issue
- F1: Williams team confident Hungarian GP form was an anomaly
- IndyCar: Guy Cosmo pursuing open-wheel return
- F1: Engine chief Marmorini leaves Ferrari
- Toyota Japan starts new WRC project
- WRC: Latvala tops Finland shakedown
- F1: Mercedes focusing on reliability, not team orders controversy
- F1: Ferrari admits complete overhaul needed
- Lowndes, Gisbergen aim for Le Mans
- Indy Lights: Rahal Letterman Lanigan looking at rejoining series
- IMSA: IndyCar's Newgarden interested in sports car drives
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Verizon IndyCar Series: News and views from Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett.
THIS MONTH IN RACER
|•||How GT3 cars came to Pirelli World Challenge
|•||TUDOR's GTD dynasty
|•||Inside Corvette's Le Mans challenge
|•||Bentley GT3 In Focus & much more
|Watch The GT Issue video|