CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- Six finalists impress during Team USA Scholarship Shootout at Fontana
- Albon stripped of Algarve F3 pole
- SCCA: Drissi banned after Trans Am meltdown; responds to decision
- RACER welcomes Mark Glendenning as Editor of RACER.com
- GP2: Evans loses front row grid slot
- IMSA: Shank unveils Wilson tribute livery
- IndyCar: Ganassi's Hull on "the hardest-fought championship that we have ever won"
- IMSA: From Le Mans podium to COTA – Eight TUDOR Championship drivers set for Lone Star Le Mans
- F3: Albon and Rosenqvist take poles
- F1: Lotus has budget to complete season
- F1: Tactical engine changes for Toro Rosso
- RPM to take over FR3.5 from Renault
- F1: Drivers asked to tone down Pirelli criticism
- Monza part of F1's core, Ferrari boss says
- ELMS: Pla returns to Krohn for Ricard
The RACER Poll
- Votes: (0%)
- Votes: (0%)
Video: The Great Cars IV Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE