CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- IndyCar forced to cancel Boston race
- INDYCAR: Boston CEO working on new venue
- NHRA: Torrence, Wilkerson lead at Houston
- INDYCAR: Miles exploring Boston replacement
- IMSA: Braun fastest in second PC/GTD practice
- IMSA In-Car: Stefan Wilson Lamborghini Super Trofeo
- IMSA In-Car: DeltaWing DWC13 at Monterey
- IMSA: Mazdas retain advantage after FP2
- INDYCAR: Boston GP called off
- NASCAR: Stewart still puzzled by fine
The RACER Poll
- Votes: (0%)
- Votes: (0%)
Video: The Heroes V Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE