CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- F1: Gutierrez penalised for Wehrlein incident
- F1: Raikkonen fastest in final Spa practice
- F1: Hamilton gets third new engine of Spa weekend
- GP3: Ferrari F1 junior Leclerc takes pole
- NASCAR: Logano back on top with Michigan pole
- IMSA: Corvette, Lamborghini top scorching FP2
- NASCAR: Michigan is last chance to test 2017 rules
- REUNION: Porsche 917K Visor Cam
- INDYCAR: Firestone clarifies Texas tire allotment
- NASCAR: Stewart to appeal insurance ruling in Ward suit
- MOTOGP: Extent of Smith's leg injury still unclear
- F1: Hamilton trying to be 'squeaky clean'
- F1: Halo 'doesn't disturb me at all' - Rosberg
- IMSA: Porsche, Lamborghini lead FP1 at VIR
- F1: Mercedes introduces engine upgrade for Spa
Video: The Great Cars Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 9 with Andy Bell.
See more than 50 On Board videos.