CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- Williams expects 'scrap' with Ferrari
- Merhi returns to FR3.5 with Pons
- Ceccon secures Arden GP3 deal
- Cook lands Cruze BTCC seat
- IndyCar teams receive new aero kits
- Pirelli World Challenge season preview
- RACER: Allan McNish on the 2015 WEC P1 season
- PWC: Holbrook back for select TCA races
- Robin Miller's Mailbag for March 4, presented by Honda Racing / HPD
- MX-5 Cup: Build it and they will come
- IndyCar: Teams take delivery of aero kits ahead of Barber test
- The heart of the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO
- WEC: Front-engine Mustang GTP foreshadowed Nissan GT-R LM NISMO
- IndyCar 2018 by Bruce Delahorne, sponsorship expert
- IMSA: Kimber-Smith joins PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports
Video: The Champions Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.