CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- Power on pole as Penske dominates
- IndyCar: Will Power leads Penske 1-2-3-4 in St. Pete qualifying
- RACER: Ed Jones and Trevor Carlin on St. Pete Indy Lights win
- Indy Lights: Jones wins on Carlin's debut
- Pro Mazda: Alberico dominates St. Pete opener
- USF2000: Eidson perfect in St. Pete opener
- MotoGP: Dovizioso puts Ducati on Qatar pole
- PWC: Eversley wins for Acura in St. Pete; Lewis and Fogg also score victories
- WEC: Porsche takes clean sweep in Prologue test
- RACER: Inside Chevy's IndyCar aero kit with Josef Newgarden
- IndyCar: Power edges closer to St. Pete lap record in FP3
- Montagny gets two-year racing ban
- On board with James Hinchcliffe, 2015 St. Petersburg
- Indy Lights: Carlin sweeps front row in U.S. debut
- F1: Williams says tire error cost positions
- IndyCar: Derrick Walker Q&A on aero kits, future tech
- RACER: Robin Miller with St. Pete Indy Lights pole winner Ed Jones
- F1: Vettel says Ferrari win not impossible
- F1: Hamilton denies Rosberg blocked him
- Spectator killed in Nurburgring crash
Video: The Heroes IV Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.