CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- Crutchlow wins, Rossi charges to second
- IHRA: Summit Tournament of Champions, Summit SuperSeries a smash hit
- LOORRS: Kyle LeDuc wins Pro 4 title
- F1: Grosjean says Verstappen not only one moving under braking
- F1: Verstappen finds rivals' complaints 'funny'
- NASCAR: Truex claims Talladega pole
- F1: Ferrari can't explain loss of pace
- F1: Button says McLaren 'messed up' in qualifying
- F1: Kvyat feared he would lose his drive
- TRUCKS: Enfinger scores first series win at Talladega
- F1: Button welcomes FIA's defensive driving action
- F1: Bottas to stay with Williams for 2017
- F1: Ricciardo eyes startline advantage for USGP
- F1: Hamilton beats Rosberg to USGP pole
- F1: FIA clamps down on defensive driving
Video: The Speed Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 9 with Andy Bell.
See more than 50 On Board videos.