CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- Panoz honored for 20 years in racing
- VIDEO: How to drive a 911 RSR around Sebring
- TCR: Audi unveils RS 3 LMS TCR car
- IMSA: Shank Ligier-Honda leads first Petit practice
- IHRA: Throwback Thursday - 2012 IHRA Race of Champions
- INDYCAR: ECR confirms Newgarden exit
- WRC: Hyundai's new R5 misses shakedown after delay
- WRC: Toyota reveals livery, Microsoft deal
- DTM: BMW and Mercedes withdraw appeals
- IMSA: Petit Le Mans Preview
- F1: Sauber opts against taking Ferrari upgrade
- F1: 300 starts easier to reach now - Alonso
- WEC: Lynn to make sportscar debut with Manor
- F1: Ricciardo - Verstappen has raised my level
- F1: Stroll closes on 2017 Williams race deal
Video: The Speed Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 9 with Andy Bell.
See more than 50 On Board videos.