CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- ACO Sporting Director Vincent Beaumesnil on LMP2 2017
- IMSA: Rolex 24 content recap
- IndyCar: Carlin hopes to help Chilton restore reputation
- NHRA: Series launches "Baptism by Nitro" program to entice new fans
- NHRA: U.S. Nationals to get points boost
- WATCH: Rolex 24 at Daytona broadcast
- IndyCar: Four-time "500" winner Al Unser to be honored at Legends Day at Indy
- F1: Red Bull says 2015 model still a Newey car
- F1: Sauber confirms C34 launch date
- GP2: Lotus protege Sorensen joins Carlin
- F1: Red Bull opts for late car build
- F1: Ricciardo thinks McLaren could be a threat
- NASCAR: Brian France says no format changes coming to Chase for 2015
- Gear Tie Racing/Dan Martinson To Compete in GTS in 2015
- Top-class cars back to F3 Masters
Video: The Champions Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.