CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- NASCAR: Pit road penalty costs Allmendinger at Sonoma
- NASCAR: 'I don't think he was going to leave it to chance' - Hamlin
- SCCA: Cooler heads prevail at warm Watkins Glen Majors
- VIDEO: Robin Miller's commentary on Road America
- NASCAR: Stewart gets first win in three years
- INDYCAR: Track, series exult in Road America turnout
- NHRA: Capps rocks on to lead Norwalk winners
- INDYCAR: Rahal envious of Chevy’s top speed
- PWC: Sandberg wins GTS Round 12
- INDYCAR: Newgarden IronMan's his way to eighth
- PPIHC: Dumas claims second Pikes Peak win
- INDYCAR: Pigot impresses with best rookie performance at Road America
- GALLERY: IndyCar Sunday at Road America
- IHRA: Eman finally closes the deal
- INDYCAR: Power holds off Kanaan at Road America
The RACER Poll
- Votes: (0%)
- Votes: (0%)
Video: The Great Teams III Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Great Race Day 8 with Roland Sands.
See more than 50 On Board videos.