CTSCC: Miller's miraculous MX-5 escape
The start of any race with 50 or more cars can be a harrowing experience. When you throw a big crash into the mix while dozens of those cars are running door to door at top speed and headed towards a narrow braking zone, sheer fright is added to the situation. And did we mention this all takes place less than a minute after the green flag waved?
Ride along with CJ Wilson Racing driver Marc Miller in his Mazda MX-5 for the first five turns at last weekend's Continental Tire Series race at Road America where the American ace gets hit from behind, dodges crashing cars, shoots a perilously narrow gap, gains nine positions and comes out the other side with nothing more than minor bodywork damage.
A few more inches to the right or left, and Miller's CJWR MX-5 gets thrown in the dumpster after the race.
Catch the full race broadcast this Sunday, August 17, at 12 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.
Subscribe to Racer
- IMSA: Series pleased with first LMP3 test
- MALSHER: The wrong kind of danger
- UPDATED TV ratings: Fontana, Sonoma
- In-car: Festival of Speed Hill Climb with Rod Millen
- Mazda Rotaries at Festival of Speed
- F1: Strategy Group must make progress this week, Horner warns
- IMSA: TRG-AMR looking to expand relationship with Wittmer
- Formula E not a threat to F1, Horner says
- F1: Alonso may get British GP grid penalty
- NASCAR: Gordon's "Rainbow" scheme to return
- IndyCar: Filippi, Brabham get oval track evaluations
- F1: Ricciardo confirms Ferrari interest
- F1: Hamilton rejects radio criticism
- F1: Red Bull exit could force change
- IMSA: Sellers states his case after win in Watkins Glen
- IndyCar: Briscoe thankful after big Fontana crash
- Pikes Peak in-car – Open Wheel winner Paul Dallenbach
- Santino Ferrucci's diary: Wet and wild at the Norisring
- RACER Video: Robin Miller with Marco Andretti at Fontana
- Jeff Zwart's Pikes Peak Diary – Race Day is never predictable
- F1: Todt urges Ecclestone to stop his public criticism
- MILLER: Danger with a capital D
- Renault to be a Formula E constructor
- F1: Force India now aiming for Red Bull
- MotoGP: Bradl to undergo surgery on scaphoid
Video: The GT Issue II
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE