IHRA Throwback Thursday: A little thunder from down under
Despite the great distance between Australia and the U.S., we share a lot in common, including the Aussies' affection for things that go fast.
Posted last year and titled "Full Throttle Friday: IHRA Drag Racing," this video is 13 minutes worth of fast passes in cars ranging from familiar-looking Funny Cars to some rather tiny super short-wheelbase cars to some quick but clunky-looking four-door Holdens to small pickups. Often you'll be wondering, "Why in the world are they racing THAT?"
While there are a smattering of V-8s, Australians seem to love smaller high-winding engines and turbochargers, often mounted in little cars that look like the automotive equivalent of bucking broncos.
No matter – IHRA drag racing is drag racing, no matter what the Hemi – or hemisphere.
Subscribe to RacerMore
- Newgarden paces windy Phoenix practice
- IndyCar Visor Cam: Marco Andretti at Phoenix
- Kaffer, Dalziel top PWC Sprint X practice at VIR
- Kenseth claims Richmond pole
- ROSSI: The 200mph workout plan
- Mantella, Barkey lead PWC GTS practice
- SAFEisFAST video: Knowing when to move up
- Euro F3 rookie Daruvala takes Monza pole
- Muldowney's son John dies
- Earnhardt on future beyond the cockpit
- PWC Touring Car grid flush with new cars, talent
- Evans grabs early WRC lead in Argentina
- Red Bull Global Rallycross Memphis preview
- F1 power unit convergence targets have been achieved - FIA
- Truex tops NASCAR practice at Richmond
Video: The 2017 Heroes Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL
RACER Magazine 25th Anniversary Video
33 years of SportsCar magazine history.
See more than 50 On Board videos.