Red Bull team principal Christian Horner says Formula 1 teams will leave it to the FIA to decide on the future of the Bahrain GP, but insists there are no plans to cancel the event.
The current political situation in the country has led to calls for the event to be canned, although F1 commercial manager Bernie Ecclestone said earlier this week there were no concerns about the grand prix. Horner said the teams will rely on the FIA to make the right decision.
"As far as I'm aware, we're definitely going," Horner told the Reuters news agency. "We rely on the FIA – it's the FIA Formula 1 World Championship, and Bahrain is one of the races on the calendar. They are far better placed to know what the issues are, and we trust their judgment, as we do the promoter, and we'll see how things develop. As of today there's a race committed to Bahrain, and therefore we'll be there."
The Bahrain Grand Prix, the fourth race of the season, takes places on April 22.