Red Bull team principal Christian Horner says he is confident there will be no repeat of the contact his drivers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber made in last year's grand prix, in spite of the duo starting on the front row for tomorrow's race at Istanbul Park.
Vettel, who took pole for tomorrow's race by 0.4sec, and Webber collided in last year's race while fighting for the lead, and the incident proved one of the catalysts for a highly tense rivalry between the pair during their battle for the 2010 title. But Horner said that he believed both drivers had learned from the accident and added that he fully expected them to be able to race cleanly on Sunday should they find themselves fighting for the same position.
Asked what instructions he will give his drivers before the race, Horner replied: "Exactly the same as the other 18 races on the calendar, they know what happened last year, and they learned from that.
"The races, strategically are a bit different these days, especially with the KERS and the DRS, and they are here to get the best result for the team and I am sure they will do the best job they can," he added.
Horner also paid tribute to Vettel for achieving his fourth consecutive pole position of the season, particularly in light of his accident during Friday practice which effectively cost the German a day's running.
"Sebastian and Mark elected not to run the last set of options to take them in to the race tomorrow was quite a brave call," said Horner. "It was such a great performance especially how he had such a difficult day yesterday, to then come back with such a strong performance today was a great job."