Nicky Hayden has no doubt that he will be fit to return to the Ducati MotoGP team for the San Marino Grand Prix at Misano on Sept. 16.
The American suffered hand injuries and concussion when he crashed during qualifying for the Indianapolis GP earlier in August, and had to miss last weekend's Czech MotoGP round as a consequence. Hayden also sat out this week's Misano test, but said his recovery has made excellent progress.
"It was pretty tough to be home while my rivals were racing, and testing is also something that I hated missing, as we had some parts that we could possibly use this year," Hayden said. "Everything else is good news though. Bones don't heal in 10 days, but the swelling is down in my hand, and the feeling is much better with both that and my head. Everything's right on schedule, and I'm really looking forward to getting back on the bike."
Ducati chose not to replace Hayden for Brno and only fielded Valentino Rossi on a works bike in the Czech Republic.