Audi No. 2 continues to lead the Le Mans 24 Hours, with Andre Lotterer holding the advantage at the end of the seventh hour.
Despite the better fuel mileage of the Peugeots, the extra pace of the R18 is keeping it ahead. Towards the end of the hour, Lotterer was able to make the car's ninth stop and still get out ahead of the No. 7 Peugeot, which has only stopped eight times.
With the Audis and Peugeots on different strategies, the No. 1 Audi, currently driven by Mike Rockenfeller is third at present. He had caught Pedro Lamy in the No. 9 Peugeot before the 908 driver made his stop.
The No. 8 Peugeot is also in contention in fifth, holding a significant advantage over the older ORECA-run 908.
The battle at the front of the unofficial petrol class continues to rage between the No. 16 Pescarolo and the two Rebellion Racing Lola-Toyotas. With Jean-Christophe Boullion making a scheduled stop in the No. 13 Rebellion car just before the turn of the hour, Emmanuel Collard currently leads the petrol runners in seventh overall.
After losing ground with Nick Leventis at the wheel, the Strakka HPD is now lapping quickly again in the hands of Jonny Kane. He has been further delayed by a stop to change the legality plate, and a stop-go penalty for an earlier infringement, but is still fourth in LMP2.
The No. 74 Chevrolet Corvette continues to lead GTE Pro. The No. 56 BMW M3 had been nibbling away at the gap, but has just gone into the pits with an electronic problem.
Fine stints by Jean-Philippe Belloc in the No. 70 Porsche and Julien Canal in the No. 50 Corvette have moved Larbre Competition into first and second in the GTE Am category.
- The No. 3 Audi of Allan McNish crashed out of the race in the first hour having just taken second position. The Scot collected the No. 58 Luxury Racing Ferrari in the right-hander after the Dunlop Bridge. The heavy impact destroyed the car and the Scot was taken to hospital for precautionary checks, but appears to be unhurt.
- Both Aston Martin AMR Ones ran into trouble on the first lap of the race. Darren Turner spinning with mechanical trouble and Adrian Fernandez stopping out on the Mulsanne. The No. 007 car of Turner was recovered to the pits where it was discovered an alternator belt tensioner was to blame.
POSITIONS AFTER SEVEN HOURS
Pos Car Team Class Gap
1. No. 2 Audi Audi Sport Team Joest (LMP1)
2. No. 7 Peugeot Peugeot Sport Total (LMP1) + 21.258
3. No. 1 Audi Audi Sport Team Joest (LMP1) + 1 Lap
4. No. 9 Peugeot Team Peugeot Total (LMP1) + 1 Lap
5. No. 8 Peugeot Peugeot Sport Total (LMP1) + 1 Lap
6. No. 10 Peugeot Team Oreca-Matmut (LMP1) + 2 Laps
7. No. 16 Pescarolo Pescarolo Team (LMP1) + 4 Laps
8. No. 12 Lola Rebellion Racing (LMP1) + 4 Laps
9. No. 13 Lola Rebellion Racing (LMP1) + 4 Laps
10. No. 48 Oreca Team Oreca-Matmut (LMP2) + 7 Laps
11. No. 22 Lola Kronos Racing (LMP1) + 8 Laps
12. No. 41 Zytek Greaves Motorsport (LMP2) + 8 Laps
13. No. 39 Lola PeCom Racing (LMP2) + 8 Laps
14. No. 24 OAK OAK Racing (LMP1) + 8 Laps
15. No. 42 HPD Strakka Racing (LMP2) + 9 Laps
16. No. 33 Lola Level 5 Motorsports (LMP2) + 9 Laps
17. No. 26 Oreca Signatech Nissan (LMP2) + 10 Laps
18. No. 49 OAK OAK Racing (LMP2) + 10 Laps
19. No. 35 OAK OAK Racing (LMP2) + 11 Laps
20. No. 74 Corvette Corvette Racing (GTEP) + 12 Laps
21. No. 56 BMW BMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 12 Laps
22. No. 73 Corvette Corvette Racing (GTEP) + 12 Laps
23. No. 75 Porsche Prospeed Competition (GTEP) + 12 Laps
24. No. 59 Ferrari Luxury Racing (GTEP) + 13 Laps
25. No. 51 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEP) + 13 Laps
26. No. 80 Porsche Flying Lizard Motorsports (GTEP) + 13 Laps
27. No. 55 BMW BMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 13 Laps
28. No. 36 HPD RML (LMP2) + 13 Laps
29. No. 44 Norma Extr (LMP2) + 14 Laps
30. No. 66 Ferrari JMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 14 Laps
31. No. 77 Porsche Team Felbermayr-Proton (GTEP) + 14 Laps
32. No. 76 Porsche IMSA Performance Matmut (GTEP) + 14 Laps
33. No. 70 Porsche Larbre Competition (GTEA) + 15 Laps
34. No. 50 Corvette Larbre Competition (GTEA) + 15 Laps
35. No. 57 Ferrari Krohn Racing (GTEA) + 15 Laps
36. No. 61 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEA) + 15 Laps
37. No. 81 Porsche Flying Lizard Motorsports (GTEA) + 15 Laps
38. No. 60 Aston Gulf AMR Middle East (GTEA) + 16 Laps
39. No. 65 Lotus Lotus Jetalliance (GTEP) + 17 Laps
40. No. 71 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEP) + 17 Laps
41. No. 40 Oreca Race Performance (LMP2) + 17 Laps
42. No. 63 Porsche Proton Competition (GTEA) + 18 Laps
43. No. 88 Porsche Team Felbermayr-Proton (GTEP) + 19 Laps
44. No. 83 Ferrari JMB Racing (GTEA) + 19 Laps
45. No. 62 Ferrari CRS Racing (GTEA) + 22 Laps
46. No. 68 Ford Robertson Racing (GTEA) + 23 Laps
47. No. 89 Ferrari Hankook Team Farnbacher (GTEP) + 24 Laps
48. No. 64 Lotus Lotus Jetalliance (GTEP) + 37 Laps
49. No. 58 Ferrari Luxury Racing (GTEP) + 38 Laps
50. No. 5 Oreca Hope Racing (LMP1) + 42 Laps
51. No. 15 OAK OAK Racing (LMP1) + 55 Laps
52. No. 79 Aston Jota (GTEP) + 32 Laps
53. No. 20 Zytek Quifel-ASM Team (LMP1) Retired
54. No. 3 Audi Audi Sport North America (LMP1) Retired
55. No. 007 AMR-One Aston Martin Racing (LMP1) Retired
56. No. 009 AMR-One Aston Martin Racing (LMP1) Retired