Peugeot leads as this year's Le Mans enters its 18th hour as another safety car and different fuel strategies play their part.
The #7 and #9 Peugeots had trailed the #2 Audi until it made a scheduled stop. A GT accident then brought out the safety car.
The #9 Peugeot and #2 have just pitted, but Marc Gene has stayed out in the #7 908 to hold the lead.
The #16 Pescarolo continues to lead the petrol runners in fifth overall, well clear of the sole remaining Rebellion Lola-Toyota.
Olivier Lombard heads LMP2 in the Greaves Motorsport Zytek-Nissan.
There was drama in GTE Pro. Having led the class almost throughout, the #74 works Chevrolet Corvette surrendered its advantage when Jan Magnussen lost control exiting the Porsche Curves and spun into the #63 Proton Competition Porsche.
The accident brought out the safety car and handed the class lead to the #51 AF Corse Ferrari, currently driven by Toni Villander. Its closest challenger is now the #73 Corvette, which suffered its own minor off earlier in the hour when in the hands of Olivier Beretta.
The #50 Larbre Competition Corvette narrowly leads GTE Am, helped by an off for Seth Neiman in the rival #81 Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche.
- Jean-Christophe Boullion crashed the Rebellion Lola-Toyota in the 14th hour at the Porsche Curves. He had been running eighth at the time of the shunt.
- Mike Rockenfeller was taken to hospital following a frightening accident that totally destroyed the #1 Audi in the seventh hour of the race. The German had been running third when he made contact with a GTE Ferrari at kink after Mulsanne. Audi later confirmed that the German would be kept in overnight for observation but that he was okay.
- The #3 Audi of Allan McNish crashed out of the race in the first hour having just taken second position. The Scot collected the #58 Luxury Racing Ferrari in the right-hander after the Dunlop Bridge. The heavy impact destroyed the car and McNish was taken to hospital for precautionary checks, but was later released with an all-clear.
- Both Aston Martin AMR Ones ran into trouble on the first lap of the race. Darren Turner spinning with mechanical trouble and Adrian Fernandez stopping out on the Mulsanne. The #007 car of Turner was recovered to the pits where it was discovered an alternator belt tensioner was to blame.
POSITIONS AFTER 17 HOURS
Pos Car Team Class Gap
1. #2 Audi Audi Sport Team Joest (LMP1)
2. #7 Peugeot Peugeot Sport Total (LMP1) + 0.620
3. #9 Peugeot Team Peugeot Total (LMP1) + 2:01.133
4. #8 Peugeot Peugeot Sport Total (LMP1) + 1 Lap
5. #16 Pescarolo Pescarolo Team (LMP1) + 7 Laps
6. #12 Lola Rebellion Racing (LMP1) + 10 Laps
7. #10 Peugeot Team Oreca-Matmut (LMP1) + 10 Laps
8. #22 Lola Kronos Racing (LMP1) + 14 Laps
9. #41 Zytek Greaves Motorsport (LMP2) + 16 Laps
10. #26 Oreca Signatech Nissan (LMP2) + 19 Laps
11. #33 Lola Level 5 Motorsports (LMP2) + 21 Laps
12. #49 OAK OAK Racing (LMP2) + 22 Laps
13. #51 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEP) + 25 Laps
14. #35 OAK OAK Racing (LMP2) + 26 Laps
15. #73 Corvette Corvette Racing (GTEP) + 26 Laps
16. #80 Porsche Flying Lizard Motorsports (GTEP) + 26 Laps
17. #55 BMW BMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 27 Laps
18. #77 Porsche Team Felbermayr-Proton (GTEP) + 28 Laps
19. #76 Porsche IMSA Performance Matmut (GTEP) + 28 Laps
20. #56 BMW BMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 28 Laps
21. #74 Corvette Corvette Racing (GTEP) + 29 Laps
22. #36 HPD RML (LMP2) + 29 Laps
23. #75 Porsche Prospeed Competition (GTEP) + 30 Laps
24. #40 Oreca Race Performance (LMP2) + 31 Laps
25. #50 Corvette Larbre Competition (GTEA) + 32 Laps
26. #81 Porsche Flying Lizard Motorsports (GTEA) + 32 Laps
27. #70 Porsche Larbre Competition (GTEA) + 33 Laps
28. #83 Ferrari JMB Racing (GTEA) + 39 Laps
29. #65 Lotus Lotus Jetalliance (GTEP) + 39 Laps
30. #63 Porsche Proton Competition (GTEA) + 41 Laps
31. #66 Ferrari JMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 45 Laps
32. #68 Ford Robertson Racing (GTEA) + 46 Laps
33. #44 Norma Extr (LMP2) + 91 Laps
34. #48 Oreca Team Oreca-Matmut (LMP2) + 40 Laps
35. #13 Lola Rebellion Racing (LMP1) Retired
36. #61 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEA) + 52 Laps
37. #59 Ferrari Luxury Racing (GTEP) + 57 Laps
38. #71 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEP) + 62 Laps
39. #88 Porsche Team Felbermayr-Proton (GTEP) + 71 Laps
40. #42 HPD Strakka Racing (LMP2) Retired
41. #60 Aston Gulf AMR Middle East (GTEA) Retired
42. #39 Lola PeCom Racing (LMP2) Retired
43. #89 Ferrari Hankook Team Farnbacher (GTEP) Retired
44. #58 Ferrari Luxury Racing (GTEP) + 104 Laps
45. #64 Lotus Lotus Jetalliance (GTEP) Retired
46. #57 Ferrari Krohn Racing (GTEA) Retired
47. #24 OAK OAK Racing (LMP1) Retired
48. #1 Audi Audi Sport Team Joest (LMP1) Retired
49. #5 Oreca Hope Racing (LMP1) Retired
50. #62 Ferrari CRS Racing (GTEA) Retired
51. #15 OAK OAK Racing (LMP1) Retired
52. #79 Aston Jota (GTEP) Retired
53. #20 Zytek Quifel-ASM Team (LMP1) Retired
54. #3 Audi Audi Sport North America (LMP1) Retired
55. #007 AMR-One Aston Martin Racing (LMP1) Retired
56. #009 AMR-One Aston Martin Racing (LMP1) Retired