Benoit Treluyer leads the Le Mans 24 Hours after the 10th hour of the race was run almost entirely behind the safety car as extensive repairs were made to the barriers at the scene of Mike Rockenfeller's accident.
The Frenchman took over the car from Andre Lotterer 20 minutes into the hour and led the race back to green flag conditions at the turn of the hour.
The No. 2 car currently has two thirds of a lap's advantage over its nearest rival - thanks to the safety car stagger - the No. 8 car driven by Franck Montagny. The two other 908s of Sebastien Bourdais and Alex Wurz remain third and fourth.
ORECA's year-old 908 is still fifth and a lap down, but it has two laps in hand over the leading petrol-powered LMP1. The No. 16 Pescarolo-Judd driven by Christophe Tinseau is the leading petrol car in sixth.
Alexandre Premat is still driving the LMP2-leading No. 48 ORECA-Nissan, with a lap in hand over the No. 41 Greaves Zytek currently driven by Olivier Lombard.
Oliver Gavin remains aboard the GTE Pro-leading No. 74 Chevrolet Corvette ahead of Marc Goossens in the No. 75 Porsche.
The leader in GTE Am is still the No. 70 Porsche - driven by Pascal Gibon.
- Mike Rockenfeller was taken to hospital following a frightening accident that totally destroyed the No. 1 Audi in the seventh hour of the race. The German had been running third when he made contact with a GTE Ferrari at kink after Mulsanne. Audi confirmed that their driver climbed from the car before medical crews got to him.
- The No. 3 Audi of Allan McNish crashed out of the race in the first hour having just taken second position. The Scot collected the No. 58 Luxury Racing Ferrari in the right-hander after the Dunlop Bridge. The heavy impact destroyed the car and McNish was taken to hospital for precautionary checks, but was later released with an all-clear.
- Both Aston Martin AMR Ones ran into trouble on the first lap of the race. Darren Turner spinning with mechanical trouble and Adrian Fernandez stopping out on the Mulsanne. The No. 007 car of Turner was recovered to the pits where it was discovered an alternator belt tensioner was to blame.
POSITIONS AFTER 10 HOURS
Pos Car Team Class Gap
1. No. 2 Audi Audi Sport Team Joest (LMP1)
2. No. 8 Peugeot Peugeot Sport Total (LMP1) + 1 Lap
3. No. 9 Peugeot Team Peugeot Total (LMP1) + 1 Lap
4. No. 7 Peugeot Peugeot Sport Total (LMP1) + 1 Lap
5. No. 10 Peugeot Team Oreca-Matmut (LMP1) + 2 Laps
6. No. 16 Pescarolo Pescarolo Team (LMP1) + 4 Laps
7. No. 12 Lola Rebellion Racing (LMP1) + 4 Laps
8. No. 13 Lola Rebellion Racing (LMP1) + 4 Laps
9. No. 48 Oreca Team Oreca-Matmut (LMP2) + 8 Laps
10. No. 22 Lola Kronos Racing (LMP1) + 9 Laps
11. No. 41 Zytek Greaves Motorsport (LMP2) + 9 Laps
12. No. 39 Lola PeCom Racing (LMP2) + 9 Laps
13. No. 42 HPD Strakka Racing (LMP2) + 9 Laps
14. No. 33 Lola Level 5 Motorsports (LMP2) + 10 Laps
15. No. 26 Oreca Signatech Nissan (LMP2) + 11 Laps
16. No. 49 OAK OAK Racing (LMP2) + 11 Laps
17. No. 35 OAK OAK Racing (LMP2) + 12 Laps
18. No. 74 Corvette Corvette Racing (GTEP) + 13 Laps
19. No. 75 Porsche Prospeed Competition (GTEP) + 13 Laps
20. No. 51 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEP) + 14 Laps
21. No. 36 HPD RML (LMP2) + 14 Laps
22. No. 59 Ferrari Luxury Racing (GTEP) + 14 Laps
23. No. 73 Corvette Corvette Racing (GTEP) + 14 Laps
24. No. 80 Porsche Flying Lizard Motorsports (GTEP) + 14 Laps
25. No. 24 OAK OAK Racing (LMP1) + 15 Laps
26. No. 55 BMW BMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 15 Laps
27. No. 76 Porsche IMSA Performance Matmut (GTEP) + 15 Laps
28. No. 56 BMW BMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 15 Laps
29. No. 77 Porsche Team Felbermayr-Proton (GTEP) + 16 Laps
30. No. 44 Norma Extr (LMP2) + 16 Laps
31. No. 50 Corvette Larbre Competition (GTEA) + 16 Laps
32. No. 57 Ferrari Krohn Racing (GTEA) + 17 Laps
33. No. 70 Porsche Larbre Competition (GTEA) + 17 Laps
34. No. 81 Porsche Flying Lizard Motorsports (GTEA) + 17 Laps
35. No. 61 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEA) + 17 Laps
36. No. 71 Ferrari AF Corse (GTEP) + 18 Laps
37. No. 65 Lotus Lotus Jetalliance (GTEP) + 19 Laps
38. No. 40 Oreca Race Performance (LMP2) + 19 Laps
39. No. 88 Porsche Team Felbermayr-Proton (GTEP) + 20 Laps
40. No. 63 Porsche Proton Competition (GTEA) + 21 Laps
41. No. 83 Ferrari JMB Racing (GTEA) + 22 Laps
42. No. 68 Ford Robertson Racing (GTEA) + 25 Laps
43. No. 60 Aston Gulf AMR Middle East (GTEA) + 26 Laps
44. No. 89 Ferrari Hankook Team Farnbacher (GTEP) + 29 Laps
45. No. 66 Ferrari JMW Motorsport (GTEP) + 29 Laps
46. No. 64 Lotus Lotus Jetalliance (GTEP) + 41 Laps
47. No. 58 Ferrari Luxury Racing (GTEP) + 50 Laps
48. No. 5 Oreca Hope Racing (LMP1) + 58 Laps
49. No. 15 OAK OAK Racing (LMP1) + 64 Laps
50. No. 1 Audi Audi Sport Team Joest (LMP1) Retired
51. No. 62 Ferrari CRS Racing (GTEA) Retired
52. No. 79 Aston Jota (GTEP) Retired
53. No. 20 Zytek Quifel-ASM Team (LMP1) Retired
54. No. 3 Audi Audi Sport North America (LMP1) Retired
55. No. 007 AMR-One Aston Martin Racing (LMP1) Retired
56. No. 009 AMR-One Aston Martin Racing (LMP1) Retired