Esteban Guerrieri took the win in the delayed Indy Lights race at Iowa Speedway.
Thunderstorms late in the afternoon forced the race to be rescheduled until after the IndyCar event, meaning that it was just past midnight before the green flag was waved.
Guerrieri took the lead when polesitter and Sam Schmidt Motorsport team-mate Tristan Vautier was issued a drive-through penalty for blocking. Once in front, his only real scare came when another Schmidt driver, Oli Webb, hit the wall and brought out a late yellow, forcing Guerrieri to defend himself against Team Moore's Gustavo Yacaman on the restart.
The Argentine driver saw off the challenge and claimed the win by 0.4sec, with the fourth Schmidt driver Victor Carbone crossing the line behind Yacaman to complete the podium. Vautier rallied back from his penalty to finish fourth.
Championship contender Sebastian Saavedra (Andretti Autosport) was forced to drop out of the race early with a mechanical problem.
Results - 115 laps:
Pos Driver Team Time/Gap
1. Esteban Guerrieri Schmidt 40m58.7488s
2. Gustavo Yacaman Moore + 0.4005s
3. Victor Carbone Schmidt + 2.2229s
4. Tristan Vautier Schmidt + 3.9932s
5. David Ostella Moore + 5.6376s
6. Jorge Goncalvez Belardi + 1 lap
7. Carlos Munoz Andretti + 1 lap
8. Chase Austin Juncos + 1 lap
9. Anders Krohn Herta + 1 lap
10. Bryan Clauson Fan Force + 2 laps
11. Mike Larrison Belardi + 6 laps
Oliver Webb Schmidt 106 laps
Sebastian Saavedra AFS/Andretti 56 laps
Juan Pablo Garcia Jeffrey Mark 50 laps