Romain Grosjean and Kamui Kobayashi have topped the second day of Formula 1 testing at Mugello with almost identical times.
Grosjean banked his 1m21.603s best for Lotus just over an hour into the morning session, while Sauber's Kobayashi waited until there was just four minutes left for the day to replicate Grosjean's time to the thousandth of a second.
Sebastian Vettel finished the day third fastest, having taken over the Red Bull RB8 from Mark Webber after the midday break. Vettel completed 64 laps in the afternoon session, his 1m21.825 best narrowly eclipsing Webber's fastest morning time of 1m21.997s. Grosjean, Kobayashi, Vettel and Webber were the only drivers to break into the 1m21s bracket.
Felipe Massa was one of three drivers to complete more than 100 laps throughout the day, finishing fifth fastest. Behind him it was the Toro Rosso pair of Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo, with the Frenchman taking part in the morning session before handing over to the Australia. However, Ricciardo got less than an hour's running in, emerging from the pits for the first time with just 47 minutes remaining for the day.
Michael Schumacher was eighth fastest after completing more laps than any other driver, with 144 for the day. Charles Pic and Vitaly Petrov rounded out the top 10.
Garry Paffett finished the day 11th for McLaren after completing just 59 laps, while Timo Glock's afternoon running was also limited thanks to a power steering problem, which required a full steering rack change. The German still managed to bank 37 laps, the best of which put him 12th for the session.
Paul di Resta completed even less laps, hydraulic problems limiting him to just 14 for the entire day. He and Bruno Senna finished the day 13th and 14th, respectively.
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m21.603s
2. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m21.603s + 0.000s
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m21.825s + 0.222s
4. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m21.997s + 0.394s
5. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m22.257s + 0.654s
6. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m22.422s + 0.819s
7. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m22.588s + 0.985s
8. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m23.404s + 1.801s
9. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1m23.982s + 2.379s
10. Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 1m24.312s + 2.709s
11. Gary Paffett McLaren-Mercedes 1m24.480s + 2.877s
12. Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1m24.499s + 2.896s
13. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m24.749s + 3.146s
14. Bruno Senna Williams-Renault 1m24.842s + 3.239s
All Timing Unofficial