GP2 championship leader Romain Grosjean continued his superb form to lead an all-Addax front row in Monaco qualifying.
The Renault Formula 1 test driver, who took a pole, a win and a second place in the Barcelona season opener and also topped this morning's practice session, beat his teammate Vitaly Petrov by nearly half a second.
Grosjean was already on pole before throwing in his 1m19.498s lap with two minutes to go, putting the position beyond doubt. ART's Nico Hulkenberg took third on his Monaco debut, followed by Fisichella driver Andreas Zuber and pre-season title favorite Lucas di Grassi (Racing Engineering).
Alvaro Parente gave the reconstituted Ocean team more reason for optimism with sixth place, while Piquet's Alberto Valerio celebrated a GP2 career-best ninth on the grid.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Romain Grosjean Addax 1m19.498s
2. Vitaly Petrov Addax 1m19.948s + 0.450s
3. Nico Hulkenberg ART 1m20.053s + 0.555s
4. Andreas Zuber Fisichella 1m20.065s + 0.567s
5. Lucas di Grassi Racing Engineering 1m20.308s + 0.810s
6. Alvaro Parente Ocean 1m20.424s + 0.926s
7. Jerome D'Ambrosio DAMS 1m20.494s + 0.996s
8. Luca Filippi Super Nova 1m20.573s + 1.075s
9. Alberto Valerio Piquet 1m20.597s + 1.099s
10. Karun Chandhok Ocean 1m20.608s + 1.110s
11. Javier Villa Super Nova 1m20.634s + 1.136s
12. Sergio Perez Arden 1m20.735s + 1.237s
13. Dani Clos Racing Engineering 1m20.750s + 1.252s
14. Pastor Maldonado ART 1m20.806s + 1.308s
15. Giedo van der Garde iSport 1m20.933s + 1.435s
16. Davide Valsecchi Durango 1m21.072s + 1.574s
17. Kamui Kobayashi DAMS 1m21.136s + 1.638s
18. Edoardo Mortara Arden 1m21.204s + 1.706s
19. Davide Rigon Trident 1m21.268s + 1.770s
20. Roldan Rodriguez Piquet 1m21.390s + 1.892s
21. Diego Nunes iSport 1m22.052s + 2.554s
22. Luiz Razia Fisichella 1m22.447s + 2.949s
23. Giacomo Ricci DPR 1m22.746s + 3.248s
24. Michael Herck DPR 1m23.056s + 3.558s
25. Nelson Panciatici Durango 1m23.479s + 3.981s
26. Ricardo Teixeira Trident 1m25.710s + 6.212s