Fabrizio Giovanardi strolled to a comfortable victory in the second British Touring Car race of the day at Snetterton. The reigning champion added to his win in the earlier race with an untrouble run from pole position. Colin Turkington was a lonely and equally comfortable second to maintain his championship lead.
Jason Plato fought through the pack from the back of the grid to finish third. He capitalized on a mistake by Harry Vaulkhard to break into the top six, before passing Jonathan Adam for fifth at the Esses. A couple of laps later he demoted James Thompson on the Revett Straight before taking advantage when Paul O'Neill ran wide exiting Sear to claim the final place on the podium.
Thompson also passed O'Neill to claim fourth, with Jonathan Adam rounding out the top six.
Mat Jackson dropped out of second place mid-way through the race with a suspected oil leak, while Matt Neal finished 14th after jumping the start and taking a drive-through penalty.RESULTS:
Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Fabrizio Giovanardi Vauxhall 22m06.906s
2. Colin Turkington BMW +2.250
3. Jason Plato Chevrolet +2.928
4. James Thompson Honda +7.093
5. Paul O'Neill Honda +7.690
6. Jonathan Adam BMW +8.277
7. Rob Collard BMW +9.378
8. James Nash Chevrolet +10.399
9. Harry Vaulkhard Chevrolet +11.773
10. Gordon Shedden SEAT +14.290
11. Adam Jones SEAT +14.608
12. Andrew Jordan Vauxhall +17.378
13. Stephen Jelley BMW +17.551
14. Matt Neal Vauxhall +19.146
15. Martin Johnson Vauxhall +41.297
16. John George Honda +1:24.379
David Pinkney Honda 17 laps
Mat Jackson Chevrolet 12 laps
Tom Chilton Ford 4 laps