The Easter break doesn't last too long for four IZOD IndyCar Series teams and drivers, who turn around from any days off this weekend to test Monday morning in Sonoma before moving down the coast in California for next weekend's Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
Several Chevrolet teams tested at the track over the winter, and as they did in February, Team Penske, Andretti Autosport and KV Racing Technology will be back again on Monday. That group of nine cars (three apiece) will be joined by the four from Chip Ganassi Racing's Target, Service Central and Novo Nordisk squads.
Free to fans, the session runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a news conference scheduled during the lunch break. An estimated 1,500 fans showed up on the Saturday, Feb. 25. for the prior open test at the track, still known as Infineon Raceway until the end of its contract
The Honda- and Chevrolet-powered teams to test include:
• Ryan Briscoe, Helio Castroneves, Will Power (Team Penske)
• Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon (Target Chip Ganassi Racing)
• Charlie Kimball and Graham Rahal (Chip Ganassi Racing)
• Marco Andretti, Ryan Hunter-Reay and James Hinchcliffe (Andretti Autosport)
• Rubens Barrichello, Tony Kanaan, E.J. Viso (KV Racing Technology)