Paul di Resta will join Adrian Sutil at the Force India team for the 2011 season, the squad finally confirmed on Wednesday, while former Williams driver Nico Hulkenberg will be the team's reserve driver. Scottish driver di Resta will make his F1 racing debut at the Bahrain Grand Prix on March 13.
Di Resta, last year's DTM champion, was Force India's third driver during the 2010 season and has been linked with the racing seat for months.
"Last year I became third driver here and good things happened, so here's hoping we get more good things," said di Resta during a news conference in Glasgow, Scotland, to announce his signing.
Hulkenberg will be the team's reserve driver after being unable to find a racing seat for the upcoming season.
"I'm happy to be in an F1 team and Force India has shown some good progress for a young team," the German said.
Today's announcement means Italian Tonio Liuzzi is leaving the team, despite having a contract for this year.