To go with the thrilling vintage and professional auto racing at the 15th annual Fleet Week Coronado Speed Festival <http://www.fleetweeksandiego.org/events/speed-fest.html>, this year the Driven2Dare Military Tribute Safety Tour comes to the "Race at the Base," set for Sept. 22-23.
Driven2Dare, Inc has provided safety presentations to over 150,000 military and their families with many fun and exciting exhibits including:
Military and Kids FREE
- Kawasaki Nine-Time World Champion Rickey Gadson - the most accomplished professional drag racer in AMA Prostar Drag Racing history. Spectators join Gadson for autographs and prizes while testing their reflexes and defensive riding skills at the KAWASAKI motorcycle simulator booth.
- Cassie Gannis, NASCAR K&N PRO Series West driver with racecar to sign autographs. Gannis is currently in the running for the Sunoco Rookie of the Year award.
- American Truck Historical Society featuring vintage semi-trucks. A Blind Spot demonstration will also be featured at this exhibit regarding driving with big rigs.
- NASCAR Rusty Wallace Racing Experience will test tire changing skills at the NASCAR and give away a Ride With a Pro at Auto Club Speedway.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2000 Rookie Racecar on display - this car sat on the pole for the Pepsi 400, the only race that all three Earnhardts were in together.
- K1 Speed – Indoor Kart Track – karts on display with opportunity to win passes to one of K1's 11 locations nationally.
Once again, all active duty, active reserve and their direct-dependent military ID-holders will enjoy free admission to this year's event. Active duty military, active reservists and dependent ID-holders will not need tickets and will enter through a specially-designated gate. Admission is free for children 12 and under, both military and non-military. Thanks to our sponsors who have enabled this event to honor our nation's military in this way.
For the public, tickets cost $25 for one day and $35 for both days, in advance at www.fleetweeksandiego.org <http://www.fleetweeksandiego.org
>. Tickets will also be available at the venue ($35 one day and $45 for both days).
About Coronado Speed Festival and Fleet Week San Diego
The Coronado Speed Festival is Fleet Week San Diego's preeminent event. Fast-paced, thrilling auto racing and exhibitions for car enthusiasts of all ages mark the widespread draw of this event. Staged at one of racing's most distinctive locations – Naval Air Station North Island, the birthplace of Naval Aviation – it's the only place to see live racing on an active U.S. Navy runway.
Fleet Week San Diego 2012 events will take place from Sept. 8 through Oct. 14. The non-profit, 501(c)(3) foundation was created by community and business leaders who understood the great depth of public support for our Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen. In addition to honoring the military services through the annual Fleet Week San Diego events, the foundation's goals are to foster awareness of the contributions made by military personnel and their families; to enhance relationships between the civilian, business and military communities; to provide events that military personnel and their families can attend at little or no cost; and to promote other organizations that provide services to military personnel and their families.
Fleet Week San Diego is funded solely through the generosity of individuals and corporate contributions. More information is available at http://www.fleetweeksandiego.org/donate.html.