Augusto Farfus's BMW topped Saturday morning's first World Touring Car practice session at Porto.
The Brazilian, who caused a first lap crash while leading the last round at Brno, continued his dominant pace from Friday's test session in which he also set the quickest time.
Chevrolet continued its strong form on street circuits with Alain Menu and Rob Huff second and fourth fastest, sandwiching Tiago Monteiro's SEAT - making it three different manufacturers in the top three.
Alex Zanardi was fifth this morning in his BMW, a fraction ahead of Gabriele Tarquini's Leon TDi, with Jorg Muller and Andy Priaulx completing the top eight.
Rickard Rydell was ninth in the third factory SEAT, with Stefano D'Aste rounding out the top 10 as the first of the independent class runners.
Reigning champion Yvan Muller was 11th, with Tom Coronel as D'Aste's closest class rival in 12th.
James Thompson took to the track in the new Lada Priora for the first time, completing just nine laps and finishing the half hour session 23rd as he shook down the new car.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Augusto Farfus BMW 2m10.393s
2. Alain Menu Chevrolet 2m10.566s +0.173
3. Tiago Monteiro SEAT 2m10.611s +0.218
4. Robert Huff Chevrolet 2m10.924s +0.531
5. Alex Zanardi BMW 2m10.974s +0.581
6. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT 2m10.987s +0.594
7. Jorg Muller BMW 2m11.016s +0.623
8. Andy Priaulx BMW 2m11.268s +0.875
9. Rickard Rydell SEAT 2m11.402s +1.009
10. Stefano D'Aste BMW 2m11.505s +1.112
11. Yvan Muller SEAT 2m11.534s +1.141
12. Tom Coronel SEAT 2m11.617s +1.224
13. Jordi Gene SEAT 2m11.647s +1.254
14. Nicola Larini Chevrolet 2m11.690s +1.297
15. Sergio Hernandez BMW 2m12.587s +2.194
16. Felix Porteiro BMW 2m12.715s +2.322
17. Franz Engstler BMW 2m13.505s +3.112
18. Mehdi Bennani SEAT 2m13.591s +3.198
19. Kristian Poulsen BMW 2m14.002s +3.609
20. Kirill Ladygin Lada 2m14.031s +3.638
21. Tom Boardman SEAT 2m14.156s +3.763
22. Diego Puyo SEAT 2m14.613s +4.220
23. James Thompson Lada 2m16.299s +5.906
24. Jaap van Lagen Lada no time