Augusto Farfus once again set the pace at Okayama, leading the final World Touring Car free practice session on Saturday.
The Brazilian again set his best lap very early in the session before concentrating on race preparation for the majority of the half hour.
BMW again filled the first two places, with Farfus's Schnitzer Motorsport team-mate Jorg Muller second this time.
Yvan Muller was third quickest, despite an off early on, with Rob Huff showing an improved pace for Chevrolet in fourth.
Championship leader Gabriele Tarquini was one of only few drivers to improve their times after the first few minutes, eventually climbing up to fifth place.
The SEATs and BMWs of Tiago Monteiro, Andy Priaulx and Rickard Rydell rounded out the top eigth.
Stefano D'Aste recovered from his crash at the beginning of the day's earlier practice to set the ninth best time, with fellow independent runner Felix Porteiro completing the top 10 in his BMW.
James Thompson was another to bounce back from problems this morning, setting the 14th fastest time in the first of the Ladas.
Independent championship leader Tom Coronel was only 19th in his SUNRED-run SEAT, with Super GT regular Seiji Ara the best of the guest drivers in 21st.
The session was stopped only once, while Masaki Kano's car was recovered at Turn 9 with five minutes remaining.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap Laps
1. Augusto Farfus BMW 1m39.786s 13
2. Jorg Muller BMW 1m39.861s +0.075 13
3. Yvan Muller SEAT 1m39.924s +0.138 13
4. Rob Huff Chevrolet 1m40.070s +0.284 8
5. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT 1m40.161s +0.375 12
6. Tiago Monteiro SEAT 1m40.163s +0.377 11
7. Andy Priaulx BMW 1m40.203s +0.417 13
8. Rickard Rydell SEAT 1m40.262s +0.476 11
9. Stefano D'Aste BMW 1m40.302s +0.516 16
10. Felix Porteiro BMW 1m40.363s +0.577 15
11. Jordi Gene SEAT 1m40.379s +0.593 11
12. Franz Engstler BMW 1m40.422s +0.636 10
13. Alain Menu Chevrolet 1m40.480s +0.694 11
14. James Thompson Lada 1m40.502s +0.716 10
15. Alex Zanardi BMW 1m40.564s +0.778 8
16. Kristian Poulsen BMW 1m40.799s +1.013 12
17. Sergio Hernandez BMW 1m40.814s +1.028 12
18. Nicola Larini Chevrolet 1m40.902s +1.116 12
19. Tom Coronel SEAT 1m40.954s +1.168 13
20. Tom Boardman SEAT 1m40.994s +1.208 12
21. Seiji Ara BMW 1m40.997s +1.211 14
22. Norbertu Taniguchi BMW 1m41.321s +1.535 13
23. Joao Paulo de Oliveira SEAT 1m41.581s +1.795 16
24. Jaap van Lagen Lada 1m42.006s +2.220 9
25. Kirill Ladygin Lada 1m42.210s +2.424 15
26. Masaki Kano BMW 1m43.342s +3.556 10
27. Henry Ho BMW no time 1