Augusto Farfus kept BMW on top in the second DTM practice session at Brands Hatch on Saturday morning.
The Brazilian, who took his first series podium last time out at Lausitz, set the pace in 41.312sec in his RBM M3, over a second quicker than Martin Tomczyk's Friday best.
Mattias Ekstrom served notice of Audi's intent to recover from its poor start to the season with the second-quickest time for Abt Sportsline, just 0.035sec behind, while champion Tomczyk was third, 0.051sec off Farfus' time.
Championship leader Gary Paffett was the best of the Mercedes drivers in fourth, but the HWA man suffered an off identical to the one he had on Friday, the Brit going straight on at the left-hand part of Surtees and cutting across the grass as he headed towards the pit entrance.
Miguel Molina was fifth quickest in his Phoenix Audi and was within 0.1sec of the best time. Fellow Audi men Timo Scheider (Abt) and Edoardo Mortara (Rosberg) were next up.
Jamie Green, who put two wheels into the gravel while exiting Paddock with a few minutes to go, was eighth for HWA while Mike Rockenfeller (Phoenix) and Adrien Tambay (Abt) completed the top 10.
Andy Priaulx was 19th in his RBM BMW, with Mercedes pair Susie Wolff (Persson) and David Coulthard (Mucke) taking the final two spots, albeit both still within 0.9sec of the pace.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Augusto Farfus RMG BMW 41.312s
2. Mattias Ekstrom Abt Audi 41.347s + 0.035s
3. Martin Tomczyk RMG BMW 41.363s + 0.051s
4. Gary Paffett HWA Mercedes 41.386s + 0.074s
5. Miguel Molina Phoenix Audi 41.395s + 0.083s
6. Timo Scheider Abt Audi 41.438s + 0.126s
7. Edoardo Mortara Rosberg Audi 41.447s + 0.135s
8. Jamie Green HWA Mercedes 41.476s + 0.164s
9. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi 41.511s + 0.199s
10. Adrien Tambay Abt Audi 41.533s + 0.221s
11. Bruno Spengler Schnitzer BMW 41.561s + 0.249s
12. Filipe Albuquerque Rosberg Audi 41.565s + 0.253s
13. Ralf Schumacher HWA Mercedes 41.603s + 0.291s
14. Robert Wickens Mucke Mercedes 41.614s + 0.302s
15. Christian Vietoris HWA Mercedes 41.624s + 0.312s
16. Dirk Werner Schnitzer BMW 41.639s + 0.327s
17. Joey Hand RMG BMW 41.691s + 0.379s
18. Roberto Merhi Persson Mercedes 41.715s + 0.403s
19. Andy Priaulx RBM BMW 41.838s + 0.526s
20. Rahel Frey Abt Audi 41.879s + 0.567s
21. Susie Wolff Persson Mercedes 41.967s + 0.655s
22. David Coulthard Mucke Mercedes 42.197s + 0.885s