BMW's Augusto Farfus set the fastest time in today's first World Touring Car free practice session at Brands Hatch.
The Brazilian was just a tenth of a second faster than championship leader Yvan Muller's SEAT, with home driver Andy Priaulx third quickest in his BMW.
SEAT populated most of the rest of the top order with Gabriele Tarquini fourth, Rickard Rydell sixth and Tiago Monteiro seventh. The yellow streak was broken only by the blue Chevrolet of Alain Menu in fifth.
Robert Dahlgren was an impressive eighth fastest in the first of the Volvos, with SEAT Eurocup racer Norbert Michelisz ninth in the first session of his WTCC prize drive. Tom Boardman's SUNRED SEAT completed the top 10.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Augusto Farfus BMW 1m34.071s
2. Yvan Muller SEAT 1m34.173s +0.102
3. Andy Priaulx BMW 1m34.193s +0.122
4. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT 1m34.265s +0.194
5. Alain Menu Chevrolet 1m34.268s +0.197
6. Rickard Rydell SEAT 1m34.419s +0.348
7. Tiago Monteiro SEAT 1m34.493s +0.422
8. Robert Dahlgren Volvo 1m34.548s +0.477
9. Robert Huff Chevrolet 1m34.602s +0.531
10. Norbert Michelisz SEAT 1m34.778s +0.707
11. Tom Boardman SEAT 1m34.817s +0.746
12. Tom Coronel SEAT 1m34.911s +0.840
13. Jordi Gene SEAT 1m34.939s +0.868
14. Alex Zanardi BMW 1m35.001s +0.930
15. Jorg Muller BMW 1m35.156s +1.085
16. Felix Porteiro BMW 1m35.190s +1.119
17. Stefano D'Aste BMW 1m35.268s +1.197
18. Sergio Hernandez BMW 1m35.364s +1.293
19. Nicola Larini Chevrolet 1m35.417s +1.346
20. Tommy Rustad Volvo 1m35.431s +1.360
21. Franz Engstler BMW 1m36.189s +2.118
22. Jaap van Lagen Lada 1m36.220s +2.149
23. Philip Geipel BMW 1m36.343s +2.272
24. Vito Postiglione BMW 1m36.406s +2.335
25. James Thompson Lada 1m36.414s +2.343
26. Kristian Poulsen BMW 1m36.933s +2.862
27. Kirill Ladygin Lada 1m38.097s +4.026