Augusto Farfus completed BMW's domination of this week's official DTM test at Hockenheim by setting the pace on the final day of pre-season running on Friday.
The RBM driver, last year's highest-scoring rookie in the series, beat his champion stablemate Bruno Spengler by 0.213sec in the time sheets, setting the pace in 1m32.976s.
Farfus completed 115 laps during the day while Schnitzer driver Spengler ended up with a total of 91 laps in the bag.
"The weather played a major role in this test. It alternated between rain and dry conditions," said Farfus. "It is always beneficial to be able to complete a few laps in the wet, of course, but we would really have preferred more consistent conditions to allow us to prepare for the new season. Despite this, the overall impression is a positive one.
"Although preparations for the new season were generally very short, we are on the right track with regard to the start of the season."
Timo Glock made it a BMW 1-2-3 in his MTEK car, with Christian Vietoris the best of the Mercedes drivers in fourth.
Mike Rockenfeller was Audi's highest-placed driver, the German putting his Phoenix RS5 sixth, ahead of Andy Priaulx's RMG BMW.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Augusto Farfus RBM BMW 1m32.976s
2. Bruno Spengler Schnitzer BMW 1m33.189s + 0.213s
3. Timo Glock MTEK BMW 1m33.320s + 0.344s
4. Christian Vietoris HWA Mercedes 1m33.453s + 0.477s
5. Pascal Wehrlein RSC Mucke Mercedes 1m33.582s + 0.606s
6. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi 1m33.630s + 0.654s
7. Andy Priaulx RMG BMW 1m33.715s + 0.739s
8. Robert Wickens HWA Mercedes 1m33.844s + 0.868s
9. Filipe Albuquerque Rosberg Audi 1m33.897s + 0.921s
10. Mattias Ekstrom Abt Audi 1m34.370s + 1.394s
11. Timo Scheider Abt Audi 1m34.922s + 1.946s