Formula 1 commercial manager Bernie Ecclestone remains doubtful about News Corp.'s bid to buy the commercial rights to the sport, the Briton saying he has had no contact with the company.
"Nothing has changed," said Ecclestone in Istanbul on Saturday. "Actually [Rupert] Murdoch is trying to buy the rest of their shares in Sky and they have been doing that for three years, so they have got plenty of practice in doing things and not succeeding."
Ecclestone said there had been no contact between himself and representatives from the News Corp/EXOR bid which have expressed interest in purchasing the rights to the sport in recent weeks. When asked if he expected contact to be made, he answered: "Why don't you ask CVC, they are the shareholders."
The Briton, however, admitted he would welcome the move.
"It will nice, wouldn't it? They [EXOR] are already involved, they own Ferrari."
Ecclestone also ruled out the possibility of a breakaway championship amid talks to renew the Concorde Agreement.
"There have been enough times that people wanted to do a breakaway, but they haven't succeeded up until now. We've had five or six Concorde Agreements and there is always these sorts of discussions going on before. It is normal foreplay before these things happen."
The F1 boss also laughed off comments from the teams about wanting to purchase a stake in the sport.
"It is really like... I go normally to a restaurant in London two or three times a week, there is not a lot of point in me going and saying to the owners I want to have a share of the restaurant just because I eat there.
"These people would look bloody stupid with all their trucks and their uniforms if they have got nowhere to race. It is the same as if I went to the restaurant and they had no food to serve me."