Formula 1 commercial manager Bernie Ecclestone says the Bahrain Grand Prix is unlikely to go ahead this year despite the FIA giving the green light to the event last week.
As criticism continues about the decision by the ruling body to let the event go ahead, Ecclestone told Britain's BBC on Wednesday that the race was "not on," despite the World Motor Sport Council's call last Friday. Ecclestone admitted the calendar is now unlikely to change because it would need all the teams to agree on the move.
"Hopefully there will be peace and quiet and we can return in the future, but, of course, it's not on," Ecclestone told BBC Sport. "The schedule cannot be rescheduled without the agreement of the participants – they're the facts."
The Formula One Teams' Association wrote to the sport's bosses stating that it does not want to race in Bahrain on Oct. 30, the date assigned for the race by the FIA.