Ecclestone open to Silverstone return
Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has left the door open on Silverstone retaining the British Grand Prix next year -- after revealing that there is now a back-up plan if Donington Park's plans fall through.
Although Ecclestone has previously said that if Donington Park is not ready in time then there will be no British GP, his stance has now changed.
Speaking to the BBC on Saturday, Ecclestone said: "We've got an agreement, as everybody knows, with Donington and I'm hoping they can complete the agreement and do all the things they are supposed to do. And if they can't, for sure we will come back to Silverstone."
Ecclestone said his change of attitude had come about because of a new attitude from Silverstone owner, the British Racing Drivers' Club.
"Now there has been a big change with the BRDC, they have got more commercial people involved and these people are prepared to do all the things we want, for the reason we left in the first place," he explained.