Craig Dolby took his and Tottenham Hotspur's first Superleague Formula victory in the opening race at Zolder.
The Briton managed to fight through to the front despite sustaining rear end damage in a multi-car collision on the exit of the first corner, and then beat Rangers' John Martin to the win.
"My car's rear diffuser was broken at the first corner melee," said Dolby. "I just pushed as hard as I could and my team did a great pit stop."
Most of Dolby's likely challengers were left to rue poor stops. Polesitter Kasper Andersen led for FC Midtylland early on, but stalled at his stop and later crashed out, causing a second safety car period after an initial pause to clear up the first lap mess.
Andersen's pit delay also impeded championship leader Liverpool and its driver Adrian Valles, whose car is run by the same Hitech Racing team.
"I was catching FC Midtylland before he pitted but then his problem in the pits delayed my stop window," said Valles. "It was a race I could have won. I extended my championship lead and that is the most important thing."
Martin also lost ground in the pits, his car falling from its front jack during its stop.
Max Wissel finished fourth for FC Basel, fending off AC Milan's Giorgio Pantano.RESULTS:
Pos Driver Team Time/Gap
1. Craig Dolby Tottenham Hotspur 45m42.338s
2. John Martin Rangers + 2.075s
3. Adrian Valles Liverpool + 3.412s
4. Max Wissel FC Basel + 4.041s
5. Giorgio Pantano AC Milan + 4.738s
6. Esteban Guerrieri Al Ain + 7.059s
7. Enrique Bernoldi Flamengo + 9.575s
8. Yelmer Buurman Anderlecht + 10.769s
9. Duncan Tappy Galatasaray + 11.061s
10. Davide Rigon Olympiacos + 11.766s
11. Jonathan Kennard AS Roma + 12.650s
12. Tristan Gommendy Porto + 13.190s
Kasper Andersen Midtylland 19 laps
Nelson Panciatici Olympique Lyonnais 11 laps
Dominick Muermans PSV Eindhoven 6 laps
Pedro Petiz Sporting 0 laps
Antonio Pizzonia Corinthians 0 laps
Ho-Pin Tung Atletico Madrid 0 laps