Scott Dixon led his reigning champion Ganassi teammate Dario Franchitti in a one-two as IndyCar testing resumed at Sebring on Thursday.
The second group of 16 cars took to the track for a two-day session following Monday's and Tuesday's initial 10-car group test of the new DW12 IndyCar.
Despite issues in the morning restricting him to only a handful of laps, Dixon was immediately quick – setting a 51.9674sec lap that stood as the day's best and eclipsed the times from earlier in the week.
Franchitti topped the afternoon session, and was 0.1727sec slower.
Rubens Barrichello showed he has immediately come to grips with the IndyCar as he led the Chevrolet contingent in third for KV. Teammate EJ Viso had a trip into the tire barrier and was seventh, while Tony Kanaan struggled for pace in KV's third car and was 10th.
Mike Conway (AJ Foyt) and Takuma Sato (Rahal Letterman Lanigan) completed the top five.
Oriol Servia was fastest of the Lotus-powered drivers for Dreyer & Reinbold in 12th. Fellow Lotus runner Alex Tagliani only managed one lap due to throttle problems in his Bryan Herta Autosport car.
Former Dreyer & Reinbold driver Ana Beatriz made a surprise reappearance with Andretti Autosport, taking James Hinchcliffe's car for what is currently billed as a one-off test.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Scott Dixon Ganassi DW12-Honda 51.9674s
2. Dario Franchitti Ganassi DW12-Honda 52.1401s + 0.1727s
3. Rubens Barrichello KV DW12-Chevrolet 52.2228s + 0.2554s
4. Mike Conway Foyt DW12-Honda 52.2230s + 0.2556s
5. Takuma Sato Rahal DW12-Honda 52.4111s + 0.4437s
6. Graham Rahal Ganassi DW12-Honda 52.4956s + 0.5282s
7. EJ Viso KV DW12-Chevrolet 52.6317s + 0.6643s
8. JR Hildebrand Panther DW12-Chevrolet 52.6868s + 0.7194s
9. Charlie Kimball Ganassi DW12-Honda 52.9339s + 0.9665s
10. Tony Kanaan KV DW12-Chevrolet 53.2012s + 1.2338s
11. Josef Newgarden Fisher DW12-Honda 52.2013s + 1.2339s
12. Oriol Servia Dreyer & Reinbold DW12-Lotus 53.3479s + 1.3805s
13. Ana Beatriz Andretti DW12-Chevrolet 54.1478s + 2.1804s
14. Katherine Legge Dragon DW12-Lotus 54.5918s + 2.6244s
15. Ed Carpenter Carpenter DW12-Chevrolet 54.6490s + 2.6816s
16. Alex Tagliani BHA DW12-Lotus 56.0766s + 4.1092s