Paul di Resta says he will still take great encouragement from his British Grand Prix even though his race went awry after a superb qualifying result.
The Scot had started sixth for Force India and was running comfortably in seventh when he had a disastrous pitstop following some miscommunication - the team having expected his team-mate Adrian Sutil, who had just reported a puncture, to arrive first.
That delay and a later stop for a new front wing after tangling with Toro Rosso's Sebastien Buemi left di Resta only 15th at the flag.
But he said the pace he had displayed all weekend meant he could still leave Silverstone satisfied.
"I'll just continue on and try to do what we've been doing and hopefully our luck will turn," said di Resta. "We are seeing improvements with the car. In Germany, we've got some updates coming so we're feeling very positive and hopefully they'll work. As a team, we're learning from the mistakes we've made."
He underlined that his Saturday result had been well-earned.
"It wasn't a fluke lap. We got into Q3 on performance and we did a good job in Q3," he said. "As long as we can build on that and do it again at the Nurburgring, it will be satisfying."
Di Resta admitted that hanging on to a top six place in the grand prix had always been unlikely, but was still certain points were on the cards.
"It probably wasn't quite as strong as our qualifying performance," he said of his race pace. "We kind of had an idea it would be like that. But we were still in a strong position. We were 13 seconds up the road from a Renault that scored points and I'm sure we could have continued like that."