The De Ferran Dragon Racing IZOD IndyCar Series team has scheduled a teleconference for Monday morning, at which time the team said it will make an announcement regarding its 2011 racing plans. De Ferran Dragon has been a key player in the IndyCar off-season rumor mill since it tested free agent Tony Kanaan in one of its Dallara-Hondas last month, although team co-owner and president Gil de Ferran indicated that test was purely aimed at getting Kanaan's input on the team's setups.
"Tony is a free agent, a guy who's been at the top end of the grid for a long time, so he's an asset to any team," de Ferran said following the test. "Given his experience, we were interested in his views on how we're developing our car, so he kindly agreed to the test."
De Ferran and other team representatives are expected to be on hand for Monday's announcement. The team co-founded by Steve Luczo and Roger Penske's son Jay, which joined forces with former ALMS squad de Ferran Racing this year, fielded Raphael Matos in all the races this season, as well as a second car for veteran Davey Hamilton at Indianapolis and Chicagoland. Matos finished 14th in season points with two top-five finishes.