Will Davison and FPR Ford co-driver Steve Owen will start on pole position for V8 Supercars' Sandown 500 on Sunday.
The duo secured pole after Davison beat Triple Eight's points leader Jamie Whincup to victory in a relatively incident-free second qualifying heat.
Craig Lowndes and Mark Winterbottom will share the second row, meaning a top-four lockout for the championship's lead quartet.
Davison got the jump on Whincup away from the line, and from there managed to control the 20-lap race to set up pole for tomorrow's race, which forms the first part of the newly established Endurance Cup.
Behind the lead duo Lowndes jumped Chaz Mostert and Garth Tander – the latter of whom made a terrible getaway – to move into a third place he would ultimately preserve for the remainder of the race. Mostert ran in fourth until the penultimate lap, when Winterbottom was able to pick him off.
HRT's Tander, meanwhile, dropped from fourth to 17th, ran off the road on lap five but was still able to fight his way through to 13th at the flag, right on the tail of Alexandre Premat.
It was a bad race too for both Brad Jones men, as Fabian Coulthard and Jason Bright both missed out on the top 10. Coulthard, who comes into the weekend fifth in the championship, started from 11th and surrendered four places over the 20 laps to finish the race in 15th. Bright fought his way from 14th to 11th, directly behind Nissan's Todd Kelly.
Tekno's Shane van Gisbergen will start 14th, having picked off Coulthard in the final laps.
Results - 20 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Will Davison FPR Ford 23m19.2166s
2. Jamie Whincup Triple Eight Holden +5.6534s
3. Craig Lowndes Triple Eight Holden +6.2144s
4. Mark Winterbottom FPR Ford +8.5295s
5. Chaz Mostert Dick Johnson Ford +9.0362s
6. David Reynolds Rod Nash/FPR Ford +9.3283s
7. James Courtney HRT Holden +9.8601s
8. Tim Slade Rosenberg/Erebus Mercedes +10.2364s
9. Scott McLaughlin GRM Holden +14.8995s
10. Todd Kelly Nissan +17.0720s
11. Jason Bright Brad Jones Holden +17.6417s
12. Alexandre Premat GRM Holden +18.3745s
13. Garth Tander HRT Holden +18.6760s
14. Shane van Gisbergen Tekno Holden +19.2487s
15. Fabian Coulthard Brad Jones Holden +23.2755s
16. Russell Ingall Walkinshaw/HRT Holden +28.8478s
17. Tony D'Alberto D'Alberto Holden +29.0967s
18. David Wall Britek/BJR Holden +29.8171s
19. Lee Holdsworth Erebus Mercedes +30.6143s
20. James Moffat Nissan +31.7412s
21. Rick Kelly Nissan +32.1141s
22. Tim Blanchard Dick Johnson Ford +32.5073s
23. Jonathon Webb Tekno Holden +33.8746s
24. Michael Caruso Nissan +33.9821s
25. Maro Engel Erebus Mercedes +34.0918s
26. Scott Pye Dumbrell Holden +43.1789s
27. Alex Davison Schwerkolt/FPR Ford +1 lap
Dean Fiore Dumbrell Holden +35.2655s