Cal Crutchlow continued his strong weekend form at Brno by topping the times in Monday's official test at the Czech circuit.
Despite favorable conditions times were slightly slower than the weekend, with riders and teams instead focusing on various development and setup work.
With around three hours to run, Crutchlow, who claimed his first MotoGP podium on Sunday, moved up into top spot with a 1m56.461s that was never headed. His Tech 3 Yamaha teammate Andrea Dovizioso backed him up in second, just over 0.1sec down the road, while behind them Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo and Honda's Dani Pedrosa once again proved almost inseparable in third and fourth.
Lorenzo, who tested both this year's bike and a new M1 prototype frame fitted with his current engine, wound up third fastest. He ended just four hundredths of a second clear of Pedrosa, whose work was based around testing new parts. Honda plans to test further parts at Aragon next week.
On the other side of the Honda garage, Jonathan Rea got his first taste of 1000cc MotoGP machinery as he prepares to stand in for the injured Casey Stoner at Misano and Aragon. The World Superbike racer reported that adjusting to Bridgestone rubber was the hardest part of the day, but nevertheless improved consistently and eventually ended the day eighth fastest.
The two works Hondas were separated by the satellite counterparts of Stefan Bradl and Alvaro Bautista, and the second Yamaha of Ben Spies.
MotoGP safety officer Loris Capirossi, meanwhile, tested numerous bikes, including Bautista's and Colin Edwards' Suter BMW in order to get a feel of how different bikes reacted to the tyres.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 1m56.461s
2. Andrea Dovizioso Tech 3 Yamaha 1m56.578s + 0.117s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 1m56.699s + 0.238s
4. Daniel Pedrosa Honda 1m56.703s + 0.242s
5. Stefan Bradl LCR Honda 1m57.156s + 0.695s
6. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m57.161s + 0.700s
7. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m57.474s + 1.013s
8. Jonathan Rea Honda 1m59.595s + 3.134s
9. Yonni Hernandez Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m59.743s + 3.282s
10. Ivan Silva Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 2m00.667s + 4.206s
11. Michele Pirro Gresini FTR-Honda 2m00.863s + 4.402s
12. Colin Edwards Speed Master Aprilia 2m03.143s + 6.682s