World Touring: Nagy joins Campos for Spa
Hungarian European Touring Car Cup racer Norbert Nagy will make his debut in the World Touring Car Championship at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend. The 19-year-old is set to race a Campos Racing TC2 class SEAT Leon. The drive was offered to Nagy as way of thank you, following his ETCC team MGS's offer of assistance to Campos at the Salzburgring WTCC meeting on June 25.
"Gearbox problems forced me to miss the ETCC event as the Salzburgring," said Nagy, "but I was there and when we heard that Campos Racing needed to solve some technical issues, my team offered them help. As a sign of gratitude, Campos offered me to take part in the next WTCC event. This is a great opportunity for me.
"I am looking forward to the races and I hope I can get a lot of experience for the future, as my goal is to join WTCC for a full season."
Nagy is a former winner of the Hungarian Touring Car Championship, in 2010 in the 1.6L class, and the 2012 Hungarian SEAT Cup. The Budapest-born driver competed in last year's ETCC, finishing seventh in the Single-Make Trophy.
He achieved in this year's second ETCC race at Le Castellet, at the wheel of an S2000 TC2 class Chevrolet Cruze.
Subscribe to Racer
- Len Terry obituary: 1924-2014
- Duval: No Le Mans crash after-effects
- Gutierrez: Sauber issues unacceptable
- Hyundai will stay grounded after win
- Hamilton's bad luck 'unbelievable'
- Crutchlow: Ducati too hard to adapt to
- NASCAR reveals 2015 calendar
- NASCAR announces 2015 series schedules
- IndyCar: The 2014 Championship contenders
- IndyCar: Hildebrand working on comeback
Video: The Great Cars III Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Verizon IndyCar Series: News and views from Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett.