World Touring: Nagy joins Campos for Spa
Hungarian European Touring Car Cup racer Norbert Nagy will make his debut in the World Touring Car Championship at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend. The 19-year-old is set to race a Campos Racing TC2 class SEAT Leon. The drive was offered to Nagy as way of thank you, following his ETCC team MGS's offer of assistance to Campos at the Salzburgring WTCC meeting on June 25.
"Gearbox problems forced me to miss the ETCC event as the Salzburgring," said Nagy, "but I was there and when we heard that Campos Racing needed to solve some technical issues, my team offered them help. As a sign of gratitude, Campos offered me to take part in the next WTCC event. This is a great opportunity for me.
"I am looking forward to the races and I hope I can get a lot of experience for the future, as my goal is to join WTCC for a full season."
Nagy is a former winner of the Hungarian Touring Car Championship, in 2010 in the 1.6L class, and the 2012 Hungarian SEAT Cup. The Budapest-born driver competed in last year's ETCC, finishing seventh in the Single-Make Trophy.
He achieved in this year's second ETCC race at Le Castellet, at the wheel of an S2000 TC2 class Chevrolet Cruze.
Subscribe to Racer
- IndyCar: 34-car Indy 500 entry but questions remain
- Pro Mazda: Alberico back on top in Barber Race 2
- WRC: Meeke claims first victory in Argentina
- Kristoffersson wins Portugal World RX opener
- IndyCar: Dixon heads Barber warm-up
- IndyCar Barber qualifying highlights
- FR3.5: Vaxiviere snatches last-lap Aragon win
- Piech resigns as VW chairman over management dispute
- WRC spectator in intensive care
- USF2000: Jamin in a class of his own for rain-delayed Race 2
- NHRA: Massey, Beckman, Line lead into eliminations in Houston
- RACER: Robin Miller with Barber polesitter Helio Castroneves
- NASCAR: Richmond Cup race postponed for rain
- RACER: Barber Indy Lights Race 1 winner Spencer Pigot
- Indy Lights: Pigot dominates Barber race 1
- IndyCar: Castroneves grabs pole as storms halt qualifying
- WRC: Meeke rebuilds Argentina advantage
- PWC: Wilson doubles up in GTS at Barber
- FR3.5: De Vries takes Sunday Aragon pole
- WRC: Spectators hurt in Argentina accident
Video: The Heroes IV Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.