World Touring: Nagy joins Campos for Spa
Hungarian European Touring Car Cup racer Norbert Nagy will make his debut in the World Touring Car Championship at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend. The 19-year-old is set to race a Campos Racing TC2 class SEAT Leon. The drive was offered to Nagy as way of thank you, following his ETCC team MGS's offer of assistance to Campos at the Salzburgring WTCC meeting on June 25.
"Gearbox problems forced me to miss the ETCC event as the Salzburgring," said Nagy, "but I was there and when we heard that Campos Racing needed to solve some technical issues, my team offered them help. As a sign of gratitude, Campos offered me to take part in the next WTCC event. This is a great opportunity for me.
"I am looking forward to the races and I hope I can get a lot of experience for the future, as my goal is to join WTCC for a full season."
Nagy is a former winner of the Hungarian Touring Car Championship, in 2010 in the 1.6L class, and the 2012 Hungarian SEAT Cup. The Budapest-born driver competed in last year's ETCC, finishing seventh in the Single-Make Trophy.
He achieved in this year's second ETCC race at Le Castellet, at the wheel of an S2000 TC2 class Chevrolet Cruze.
Subscribe to Racer
- NHRA: Hagan, Massey, Gray, Arana Jr. lead Friday practice at Norwalk
- NASCAR: Practice shunt forces several stars into backup cars
- PRUETT: Fine Times in IndyCar
- F1: Mallya says Ecclestone should focus on fixes rather than complain
- F1: Williams pair chasing single-lap pace
- F1: Car was "all over the place," Rosberg says
- F1 format change ideas "embryonic"
- GP2: Sirotkin secures Silverstone pole
- Pikes Peak: Hard end for Randy Pobst
- IMSA: Eversley adds HART drive in CTSCC
- IMSA: Turner Motorsport prepping for BMW M6 GT3 assault
- F1: Rosberg top British GP practice 2, Hamilton fourth
- IndyCar In-Car Theater: MAVTV 500
- F1: Extra race for third cars among Strategy Group ideas
- WRC: Tanak leads early Rally Poland stages
- F1: Ricciardo says Toro Rosso performance a "wake-up call" for Red Bull
- F1: Mercedes reprimanded for covering car
- F1: Ferrari revises wheelnut system
- F1: Rosberg tops British GP practice 1
- SRO gets Macau GT World Cup role
- Pirelli World Challenge Road America GT classes air Sunday on CBS Sports Network
- IMSA: Ford receives DP aero break
- CCR Ferrari Challenge crash at Road America
- SportsCar's Project T4 Civic Si
- Formula E announces provisional 2015-'16 entry
Video: The GT Issue II
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE