World Touring: Nagy joins Campos for Spa
Hungarian European Touring Car Cup racer Norbert Nagy will make his debut in the World Touring Car Championship at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend. The 19-year-old is set to race a Campos Racing TC2 class SEAT Leon. The drive was offered to Nagy as way of thank you, following his ETCC team MGS's offer of assistance to Campos at the Salzburgring WTCC meeting on June 25.
"Gearbox problems forced me to miss the ETCC event as the Salzburgring," said Nagy, "but I was there and when we heard that Campos Racing needed to solve some technical issues, my team offered them help. As a sign of gratitude, Campos offered me to take part in the next WTCC event. This is a great opportunity for me.
"I am looking forward to the races and I hope I can get a lot of experience for the future, as my goal is to join WTCC for a full season."
Nagy is a former winner of the Hungarian Touring Car Championship, in 2010 in the 1.6L class, and the 2012 Hungarian SEAT Cup. The Budapest-born driver competed in last year's ETCC, finishing seventh in the Single-Make Trophy.
He achieved in this year's second ETCC race at Le Castellet, at the wheel of an S2000 TC2 class Chevrolet Cruze.
Subscribe to Racer
- Mercedes holds fire on engine plans
- Red Bull breaks cover in camouflage
- New Williams makes first appearance
- Honda presents its 2015 MotoGP bike
- Mercedes launches as testing begins
- F1: Renault teams don't fear 2014 repeat
- F1: Tost says fifth no fantasy target for STR
- F1: Red Bull passes crash tests in time
- IndyCar: Report says local government forced race cancellation
- F1: Toro Rosso launches its 2015 car
- F1: Newey not expecting 2015 title bid
- F1: Behind the scenes with the Mercedes W06
- MotoGP: Stoner continues Honda test work
- WEC: SARD back for LMP2 with Morand
- Rally Poland makes major changes
Video: The Champions Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
TUDOR United SportsCar Championship: Interviews and insights from Marshall Pruett.