Thanks for choosing RACER.com for your motorsports coverage! Sign up for a FREE membership now and have access to all the latest news and special offers that no racing fan should be without. It’s fast and easy, just fill out the fields below.
Keep me logged in
Forgot your password?
Mark Webber's unsurprising demotion to the back of the field is the only revision to the Chinese Grand Prix starting order following Shanghai qualifying.
Although the Australian was still credited with 14th place after the fuel pressure problem that stranded him out on the circuit in Q2, he immediately conceded that his Red Bull was unlikely to have sufficient fuel to provide the mandatory one-litre sample to the FIA. This was duly confirmed shortly afterward, meaning Webber drops to last.
Lewis Hamilton starts on pole for the first time in his Mercedes career, ahead of Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus and Fernando Alonso's Ferrari. But the intriguing element is at the foot of the top 10, where Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel can start on the longer-lasting medium tires rather than the very short-life softs having opted out of the pole battle.
Pos Driver Team/Car
1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
2. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault
3. Fernando Alonso Ferrari
4. Nico Rosberg Mercedes
5. Felipe Massa Ferrari
6. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault
7. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari
8. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
9. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
10. Nico Hulkenberg Sauber-Ferrari
11. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes
12. Sergio Perez McLaren-Mercedes
13. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes
14. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault
15. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari
16. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Renault
17. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari
18. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Cosworth
19. Max Chilton Marussia-Cosworth
20. Charles Pic Caterham-Renault
21. Giedo van der Garde Caterham-Renault
22. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
AUTOSPORT Chinese GP coverage:
FP1 FP2 FP3 Qualifying Race Gallery Live commentary Official quotes
• Tracking the F1 money machine
• Pete Lyons on McLaren Can-Ams
• Le Mans prototype tech war
• Is Formula E the future?
... and much more!
Click here to subscribe at our racer's discount price
Click here to order a copy online:
Click here to download the free RACER app for iPad
Click here to download the free RACER app for Android
Click here to download the free RACER app for Kindle Fire