Kyle Busch set a record pace as he wrapped up pole position for Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Busch's early 14.813-second effort broke a track record that had stood for a decade. It also edged his Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota ahead of Kasey Kahne's Hendrick Chevrolet by 0.062sec.
Kahne was the only non-Toyota in the top five, as Busch's team-mate Denny Hamlin lapped just 0.004sec slower than the Chevy in third.
Brian Vickers, back in the Michael Waltrip Racing lineup in place of the part-time Mark Martin this weekend, shares row two with Hamlin.
Champion Brad Keselowski had been quickest in practice but only qualified seventh, behind Paul Menard and Jamie McMurray. That still made Keselowski the top Ford.
Points leader Jimmie Johnson will start 13th, alongside Front Row's David Gilliland. The latter had earlier been collected by a spinning Busch in practice. Johnson's Hendrick teammate Dale Earnhardt Jr., currently third in the points, only managed 32nd on the grid.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. qualified 28th, but an engine failure in practice means he will drop to the tail of the field for the start.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Kyle Busch Joe Gibbs Toyota 14.813s
2. Kasey Kahne Hendrick Chevrolet 14.875s + 0.062s
3. Denny Hamlin Joe Gibbs Toyota 14.879s + 0.066s
4. Brian Vickers Waltrip Toyota 14.929s + 0.116s
5. Paul Menard Childress Chevrolet 14.949s + 0.136s
6. Jamie McMurray Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet 14.957s + 0.144s
7. Brad Keselowski Penske Ford 14.966s + 0.153s
8. Tony Stewart Stewart-Haas Chevrolet 14.990s + 0.177s
9. Martin Truex Jr Waltrip Toyota 14.997s + 0.184s
10. Joey Logano Penske Ford 15.005s + 0.192s
11. Jeff Gordon Hendrick Chevrolet 15.006s + 0.193s
12. Matt Kenseth Joe Gibbs Toyota 15.008s + 0.195s
13. Jimmie Johnson Hendrick Chevrolet 15.010s + 0.197s
14. David Gilliland Front Row Ford 15.015s + 0.202s
15. Casey Mears Germain Ford 15.039s + 0.226s
16. Jeff Burton Childress Chevrolet 15.048s + 0.235s
17. Juan Pablo Montoya Earnhardt Ganassi Chevrolet 15.053s + 0.240s
18. Kevin Harvick Childress Chevrolet 15.055s + 0.242s
19. Kurt Busch Furniture Row Chevrolet 15.062s + 0.249s
20. Aric Almirola Petty Ford 15.064s + 0.251s
21. Carl Edwards Roush Fenway Ford 15.066s + 0.253s
22. Marcos Ambrose Petty Ford 15.066s + 0.253s
23. Clint Bowyer Waltrip Toyota 15.073s + 0.260s
24. Greg Biffle Roush Fenway Ford 15.078s + 0.265s
25. David Reutimann BK Toyota 15.093s + 0.280s
26. David Stremme Swan Toyota 15.157s + 0.344s
27. Scott Speed Leavine Ford 15.159s + 0.346s
28. Ricky Stenhouse Jr Roush Fenway Ford 15.165s + 0.352s
29. AJ Allmendinger Phoenix Chevrolet 15.178s + 0.365s
30. David Ragan Front Row Ford 15.180s + 0.367s
31. Ryan Newman Stewart-Haas Chevrolet 15.200s + 0.387s
32. Dale Earnhardt Jr Hendrick Chevrolet 15.235s + 0.422s
33. Dave Blaney Baldwin Chevrolet 15.247s + 0.434s
34. Michael McDowell Parsons Ford 15.260s + 0.447s
35. JJ Yeley Baldwin Chevrolet 15.261s + 0.448s
36. Mike Bliss Humphrey Smith Chevrolet 15.264s + 0.451s
37. Travis Kvapil BK Toyota 15.333s + 0.520s
38. Joe Nemechek NEMCO Toyota 15.363s + 0.550s
39. Bobby Labonte JTG Daugherty Toyota 15.382s + 0.569s
40. Josh Wise Front Row Ford 15.386s + 0.573s
41. Danica Patrick Stewart-Haas Chevrolet 15.395s + 0.582s
42. Landon Cassill Circle Sport Chevrolet 15.427s + 0.614s
43. Terry Labonte FAS Lane Ford 15.560s + 0.747s