Marcus Ericsson secured his and Double R's second British Formula 3 victory in succession by comfortably winning race one at Hockenheim this afternoon.
The Swede started third and vaulted past Renger van der Zande (Hitech) and championship leader Daniel Ricciardo on the first lap.
Ericsson resisted intense pressure from van der Zande, who briefly forged ahead, but ultimately the Swede had enough pace to stay in command of the race and win largely from the front.
Ricciardo could not stay with the leaders and held a distant third for the first half of the race, until van der Zande's teammate Walter Grubmuller (up from row four) found a way past on lap 12 to take the final podium place.
Grubmuller's progress was aided by a first lap incident that eliminated Daisuke Nakajima (Double R), Riki Christodoulou (Fortec) and series debutant Robert Wickens (Carlin) at the tight right-hand hairpin at turn three. The F2 Championship leader's Carlin team-mate Max Chilton ran fourth early on, but lost out to Grubmuller's charge on lap five and ran a lonely fifth after that.
T-Sport's Adriano Buzaid completed an unspectacular run to sixth, shadowed throughout by Colombian Carlos Huertas, who had an equally uneventful run to seventh.
JTR's Nick Tandy - a winner at Rockingham two weeks ago -- stalled from his row five grid slot at the start, but recovered to eighth. He made short work of the lower order and meticulously picked off Victor Garcia (Fortec) and Wayne Boyd (T-Sport) once into the points, but curtailed his charge with a scrappy lap 11 and made no further progress.
Brazilian Victor Correa inherited his maiden National Class win when Gabriel Dias (T-Sport) and Daniel McKenzie (Fortec) ended their races together in the gravel four laps from the end.
Pos Driver Make Time
1. Marcus Ericsson Dallara/Mercedes 30:20.552
2. R.van der Zande Dallara/Mercedes + 1.188
3. W.Grubmüller Dallara/Mercedes + 7.278
4. Daniel Ricciardo Dallara/Volkswagen + 9.775
5. Max Chilton Dallara/Volkswagen + 13.583
6. Adriano Buzaid Dallara/Volkswagen + 14.526
7. Carlos Huertas Dallara/Mercedes + 16.281
8. Nick Tandy Mygale/Mercedes + 25.770
9. Wayne Boyd Dallara/Volkswagen + 30.279
10. Victor Garcia Dallara/Mercedes + 36.380
11. Hywel Lloyd Dallara/Mugen-Honda + 37.029
12. Jay Bridger Mygale/Mercedes + 37.440
13. Victor Corrêa SLC/Mugen-Honda +1:11.333
14. Henry Arundel Dallara/Volkswagen +1:19.100
Driver Make Laps
Gabriel Dias Dallara/Mugen-Honda 14
Daniel McKenzie Dallara/Mugen-Honda 14
Robert Wickens Dallara/Volkswagen 0
R.Christodoulou Dallara/Mercedes 0
Daisuke Nakajima Dallara/Mercedes 0
Fastest lap: Van der Zande, 1:34.763 on lap 7