Jason Bright was fastest as Nissan proved immediately quick in the first official test of V8 Supercars' new era at Sydney Motorsport Park on Saturday.
The official pre-season test day was the first time that all four marques participating in the 2013 championship had run together on track. Long-time sparring partners Holden and Ford are being joined by a factory Nissan effort and Erebus's new Mercedes project this year.
Brad Jones Holden duo Bright and Fabian Coulthard were first and second in both the morning and the shower-hit afternoon.
Craig Lowndes put champion team Triple 8, now running under Red Bull branding, third.
Rick Kelly showed the Nissan's potential in fifth, 0.6 seconds off the pace.
Champion Jamie Whincup was seventh fastest, while David Reynolds led the Ford contingent in eighth.
Lucas Dumbrell's team showed strongly with Dean Fiore fourth and rookie Scott Pye sixth.
Maro Engel was the quickest of the Mercedes trio in 14th place.
Three cars were missing from the test, with Nissan choosing to run Todd Kelly and Michael Caruso in a private session next week and Dick Johnson yet to finalise a team-mate for Tim Blanchard.
The free test day drew a crowd of 17,600 spectators.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Jason Bright Brad Jones Holden 1m28.9655s
2. Fabian Coulthard Brad Jones Holden 1m29.0057s + 0.0402s
3. Craig Lowndes Triple 8 Holden 1m29.3610s + 0.3955s
4. Dean Fiore Dumbrell Holden 1m29.5090s + 0.5435s
5. Rick Kelly Nissan 1m29.6220s + 0.6565s
6. Scott Pye Dumbrell Holden 1m30.3537s + 1.3882s
7. Jamie Whincup Triple 8 Holden 1m30.4820s + 1.5165s
8. David Reynolds Rod Nash/FPR 1m30.5174s + 1.5519s
9. Mark Winterbottom FPR Ford 1m30.5242s + 1.5587s
10. Jonathon Webb Tekno Holden 1m30.6251s + 1.6596s
11. James Courtney HRT Holden 1m30.6646s + 1.6991s
12. Shane van Gisbergen Tekno Holden 1m30.6862s + 1.7207s
13. Scott McLaughlin Garry Rogers Holden 1m30.7469s + 1.7814s
14. Maro Engel Erebus Mercedes 1m30.8221s + 1.8566s
15. Russell Ingall Walkinshaw/HRT Holden 1m30.9331s + 1.9676s
16. Will Davison FPR Ford 1m30.9721s + 2.0066s
17. David Wall Britek/BJR 1m31.1709s + 2.2054s
18. Garth Tander HRT Holden 1m31.3342s + 2.3687s
19. Alexandre Premat Garry Rogers Holden 1m31.3776s + 2.4121s
20. Tim Slade Rosenberg/Erebus Mercedes 1m31.3897s + 2.4242s
21. James Moffat Nissan 1m31.4003s + 2.4348s
22. Tony D'Alberto D'Alberto Holden 1m31.4208s + 2.4553s
23. Alex Davison Schwerkolt/FPR Ford 1m31.4694s + 2.5039s
24. Lee Holdsworth Erebus Mercedes 1m31.7670s + 2.8015s
25. Tim Blanchard Dick Johnson Ford 1m33.7276s + 4.7621s