Jason Bright claimed his first V8 Supercars victory in nearly two years as Brad Jones Racing's superb form continued at Symmons Plains.
BJR had taken a front row sweep, with Bright ahead of race one winner Fabian Coulthard. Garth Tander managed to get his Holden Racing Team Commodore between the two BJR entries halfway around the first lap, but that proved to be his limit.
After an early safety car to clear David Reynolds' badly damaged car - dramatically squeezed into the barriers in a three-abreast dice on the exit of the Turn 4 hairpin (pictured below) - Bright steadily eased away until he wrapped up victory by four seconds.
Tander fended off Coulthard and champion Jamie Whincup for second. Will Davison was a lonely fifth ahead of Ford Performance Racing teammate Mark Winterbottom, who will start on pole for race three later on Sunday.
Winterbottom had to battle hard for his top-six finish in race two, swapping places twice with rookie Scott McLaughlin in the closing stages. James Courtney ultimately got between them.
Pre-event championship leader Craig Lowndes was elbowed down the order during the race and finally ended up 10th behind David Wall.
In the latest of V8's format tweaks for 2013, this race was a 100-kilometer affair with pit stops permitted but not mandatory. No one took up the option.
Results - 42 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Jason Bright Brad Jones Holden 40m33.8545s
2. Garth Tander HRT Holden + 3.6575s
3. Fabian Coulthard Brad Jones Holden + 4.8364s
4. Jamie Whincup Triple 8 Holden + 5.5382s
5. Will Davison FPR Ford + 9.1342s
6. Mark Winterbottom FPR Ford + 11.8202s
7. James Courtney HRT Holden + 12.6732s
8. Scott McLaughlin Garry Rogers Holden + 13.6451s
9. Dean Fiore Dumbrell Holden + 16.4835s
0. Craig Lowndes Triple 8 Holden + 17.3441s
11. Jonathon Webb Tekno Holden + 17.5520s
12. Shane van Gisbergen Tekno Holden + 21.3347s
13. Tony D'Alberto D'Alberto Holden + 21.9637s
14. Scott Pye Dumbrell Holden + 22.3089s
15. Alex Davison Schwerkolt/FPR Ford + 22.6111s
16. Todd Kelly Nissan + 23.5824s
17. Lee Holdsworth Erebus Mercedes + 24.0649s
18. Russell Ingall Walkinshaw/HRT Holden + 25.5154s
19. Michael Caruso Nissan + 28.1094s
20. James Moffat Nissan + 28.5205s
21. Alexandre Premat Garry Rogers Holden + 30.4391s
22. Tim Slade Rosenberg/Erebus Mercedes + 31.1468s
23. Rick Kelly Nissan + 31.6946s
24. Maro Engel Erebus Merecedes + 36.1226s
25. Jonny Reid Dick Johnson Ford + 40.4815s
26. Tim Blanchard Dick Johnson Ford + 47.9856s
David Wall Britek/BJR Holden 2 laps
David Reynolds Rod Nash/FPR Ford 1 lap