Jason Bright rounded off the Pukekohe V8 Supercars weekend with a dominant victory in race four.
Bright lost his pole advantage off the line as champion Jamie Whincup made a supersonic start and opened an immediate lead. But as the early laps progressed, the Brad Jones Holden started to reel the Triple 8 example in.
A straightforward move into the hairpin just before one-third distance duly got Bright back in front.
Bright was then able to calmly edge away, allowing him to clinch the Jason Richards Memorial Trophy for the best performance cumulative performance of the weekend. Whincup was left to fend off a gaggle of pursuers, led by Garth Tander.
The Holden Racing Team Commodore eventually sliced past Whincup with three laps to go. Whincup then resisted Bright's team-mate Fabian Coulthard to the finish.
Mark Winterbottom was set to join this group after escaping from Ford Performance Racing stablemates Will and Alex Davison, then passing James Courtney. But a repeat of his race one left-rear tire blow sent Winterbottom to the pits.
Will Davison chased Coulthard home in fifth, with Courtney leading Alex Davison and David Reynolds over the line in sixth.
Results - 36 laps:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Jason Bright Brad Jones Holden
2. Garth Tander HRT Holden + 5.2990s
3. Jamie Whincup Triple 8 Holden + 6.3483s
4. Fabian Coulthard Brad Jones Holden + 6.6496s
5. Will Davison FPR Ford + 7.3144s
6. James Courtney HRT Holden + 10.0085s
7. Alex Davison Schwerkolt/FPR Ford + 10.1189s
8. David Reynolds Rod Nash/FPR Ford + 10.7824s
9. Craig Lowndes Triple 8 Holden + 15.1026s
10. James Moffat Nissan + 18.3753s
11. Shane van Gisbergen Tekno Holden + 24.3732s
12. Alexandre Premat GRM Holden + 24.9864s
13. Russell Ingall Walkinshaw/HRT Holden + 28.9737s
14. Todd Kelly Nissan + 29.4321s
15. Rick Kelly Nissan + 30.0301s
16. Michael Caruso Nissan + 30.3853s
17. Tony D'Alberto D'Alberto Holden + 33.3062s
18. Jonathon Webb Tekno Holden + 35.0840s
19. David Wall Britek/BJR Holden + 35.4153s
20. Tim Blanchard DJR Ford + 36.9402s
21. Maro Engel Erebus Mercedes + 37.8096s
22. Lee Holdsworth Erebus Mercedes + 38.2400s
23. Tim Slade Rosenberg/Erebus Mercedes + 38.9192s
24. Mark Winterbottm FPR Ford + 1 lap
25. Jonny Reid DJR Ford + 1 lap
Dean Fiore Dumbrell Holden 6 laps