Jeroen Bleekemolen continued to set the A1GP pace at Brands Hatch on Saturday morning, despite missing half of the session after spinning into the gravel.
The Dutch driver, who was fastest on Friday, immediately went quickest in the final practice session, but as he pushed on to improve his time even further, he spun at Druids and brought his track time to an end.
Despite the setback, Bleekemolen remains confident for the rest of the weekend, as the Netherlands bids for its third race win in as many events on Sunday.
"We shouldn't get distracted by this," he said. "There's no damage to the car and we're looking very strong. I just had some oversteer, which can happen when you are pushing for the limits."
Indonesia sprung the surprise of the session by going second quickest with Satrio Hermanto, as he benefited from a fresh set of tyres to jump up the order.
JR Hildebrand continued his impressive form ahead of his race debut for Team USA by going third quickest, just ahead of Narain Karthikeyan, who brought out the red flags with an off at the final corner.
The three title contenders heading into this weekend's season finale all finished the session close together, just behind Monaco's Clivio Piccione in fifth.
Neel Jani, who had a difficult Friday for reigning champion Switzerland, gradually improved through the session and eventually went sixth, ahead of his two title rivals Filipe Albuquerque (Portugal) and Adam Carroll (Ireland), despite a trip through the gravel at Stirlings.
The session was cut short by 11 minutes when Michael Ammermuller crashed exiting the same corner shortly after, meaning that several teams missed out on a final chance to hone their qualifying set-ups.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Jeroen Bleekemolen Netherlands 1m12.804s
2. Satrio Hermanto Indonesia 1m12.895s +0.091
3. JR Hildebrand USA 1m12.915s +0.111
4. Narain Karthikeyan India 1m12.996s +0.192
5. Clivio Piccione Monaco 1m13.039s +0.235
6. Neel Jani Switzerland 1m13.191s +0.387
7. Filipe Albuquerque Portugal 1m13.434s +0.630
8. Adam Carroll Ireland 1m13.435s +0.631
9. Nicolas Prost France 1m13.480s +0.676
10. Daniel Morad Lebanon 1m13.579s +0.775
11. John Martin Australia 1m13.683s +0.879
12. Earl Bamber New Zealand 1m13.739s +0.935
13. Salvador Duran Mexico 1m13.979s +1.175
14. Felipe Guimaraes Brazil 1m14.044s +1.240
15. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy 1m14.052s +1.248
16. Michael Ammermuller Germany 1m14.109s +1.305
17. Dan Clarke Great Britain 1m14.227s +1.423
18. Franky Cheng China 1m14.449s +1.645
19. Alan van der Merwe South Africa 1m14.524s +1.720
20. Aaron Lim Malaysia 1m14.745s +1.941