Formula 3 Euro Series championship leader Jules Bianchi completed a dominant display at Zandvoort by taking his second win of the weekend on Sunday morning.
The ART driver completed the double despite having to start the reverse-grid race from eighth place. He made his way up to fourth with a great start, then moved up to third by passing Jake Rosenzweig, and took second when Henkie Waldschmidt served a drive-through penalty for jumping the start.
Bianchi then reeled in race leader Sam Bird at more than one second per lap and, after several laps spent pressuring the leader, he eventually sneaked through at the first corner with seven laps to go when Bird ran slightly wide after defending on the entry to the corner.
After that, he streaked away into the distance, eventually finishing more than six seconds clear of Bird, who took second ahead of Carlin Motorsport's Rosenzweig. The American backed up his first points finish from Saturday with another solid performance, sustaining pressure from the experienced Christian Vietoris for most of the race.
Vietoris wasn't always able to focus on his quest for third though, as Jean-Karl Vernay mounted several attacks on the German which occasionally allowed Rosenzweig some breathing space.
Behind their scrap, Valtteri Bottas took the final point in sixth place, comfortably clear of his ART teammate and fellow rookie Esteban Gutierrez.
Bianchi is the first driver to win both races on the track in a weekend since the Euro Series adopted the reversed-grid format for the 2006 season. That year, Sebastian Vettel was credited with both wins at the Nurburgring, but that was only after race two winner Paul di Resta was handed a time penalty after the race.RESULTS:
Pos Driver Team Car Time/Gap
1. Jules Bianchi ART D/M 40m34.182s
2. Sam Bird Mucke D/M +6.205
3. Jake Rosenzweig Carlin D/V +7.575
4. Christian Vietoris Mucke D/M +7.918
5. Jean-Karl Vernay Signature D/V +8.632
6. Valtteri Bottas ART D/M +9.455
7. Esteban Gutierrez ART D/M +13.068
8. Brendon Hartley Carlin D/V +22.100
9. Alexander Sims Mucke D/M +24.420
10. Marco Wittmann Mucke D/M +25.619
11. Roberto Merhi Manor D/M +27.108
12. Stefano Coletti Prema D/M +35.638
13. Cesar Ramos Manor D/M +53.965
14. Pedro Nunes Manor D/M +54.469
15. Nick Tandy Kolles D/V +56.288
16. Christopher Zanella Motopark D/M +56.567
17. Henkie Waldschmidt SG D/M +58.175
18. Basil Shaaban Prema D/M +58.948
19. Mika Maki Signature D/V +59.430
20. Johnny Cecotto Jr HBR D/M +1:28.086
21. Andrea Caldarelli SG D/M +1 lap
22. Tiago Geronimi Signature D/V +2 laps
23. Matteo Chinosi Prema D/M +4 laps
Johan Jokinen Kolles D/V 11 laps
Atte Mustonen Motopark D/M 8 laps
Adrien Tambay ART D/M 0 laps
Fastest lap, Bianchi 1m32.051s