Aston Martin Racing completed a dominant performance in winter testing at Sebring by topping both Tuesday's sessions, but left with a heavily damaged car after a late-afternoon crash.
Harold Primat had a violent impact with the barriers at Turn 1 with two hours remaining in the test, doing substantial damage to the LMP1 Aston. Primat was sent to hospital for precautionary checks afterward.
By that time, Aston had already set an unbeatable time in the afternoon session, and its 1m46.894sec lap from the morning would stand as the best of the two days of testing.
The Intersport Lola of Jon and Clint Field made a late improvement to repeat its Monday second place, with Highcroft's HPD car third ahead of the Dyson Lola-Mazda and Cytosport's Porsche.
Genoa Racing recruited double Sebring winner Andy Wallace and Indy Lights champion JR Hildebrand to assist Larry Connor with the first test of its new LMP Challenge class car, and the star lineup came away with the fastest time in class, ahead of the Gunnar and Level 5 teams.
Risi's Ferrari topped GT2 again, followed by the Flying Lizard Porsches, Scott Sharp's new Extreme Speed Ferrari and the Falken Porsche. The Rahal Letterman BMWs were only seventh and eighth, while the new RSR Jaguar lost a lot of mileage to niggling technical problems.
Kelly Moss Racing led the way in GT Challenge again, this time with Rob Walton its pace-setting driver.
Pos Cl Drivers Car Time
1. P1 Primat/Fernandez/Mucke/Buncombe Lola-Aston Martin 1m46.894s
2. P1 Field/Field Lola-AER 1m47.925s
3. P2 Brabham/Pagenaud/Franchitti HPD 1m48.153s
4. P2 Dyson/Smith Lola-Mazda 1m48.496s
5. P2 Pickett/Graf Porsche 1m49.318s
6. PC Connor/Wallace/Hildebrand Oreca 1m56.753s
7. PC Zugel/Jeannette/Julian Oreca 1m56.900s
8. PC Tucker/Bouchut Oreca 1m57.054s
9. PC Feinberg/Marcelli Oreca 1m57.515s
10. PC Pagerey/Wong Oreca 1m58.988s
11. GT2 Melo/Bruni Ferrari 2m02.559s
12. GT2 Law/Neiman Porsche 2m02.929s
13. GT2 Bergmeister/Long Porsche 2m03.021s
14. GT2 Sharp/van Overbeek Ferrari 2m03.198s
15. GT2 Sellers/Henzler Porsche 2m03.227s
16. GT2 Brown/Cosmo Ferrari 2m03.250s
17. GT2 Mueller/Hand/Werner BMW 2m03.305s
18. GT2 Auberlen/Milner BMW 2m03.377s
19. GT2 Pappas/Bleekemolen Porsche 2m04.252s
20. GT2 Robertson/Robertson/Murry Doran Ford 2m04.835s
21. GT2 Gentilozzi/Goossens/Drissi/Pruett Jaguar 2m07.734s
22. GTC Walton Porsche 2m07.795s
23. GTC Carlisle Porsche 2m08.205s
24. GTC Holden Porsche 2m08.412s
25. GTC Curtis/Sofronas Porsche 2m08.854s
26. GTC Rodriguez/Bieker/Friedman Porsche 2m10.016s
27. GTC Lewis/Vento Porsche 2m10.856s
28. GTC LeSaffre Porsche 2m11.962s