The route for this year's Rally of Scotland is unaffected by an accident on Monday which knocked down a 400-year-old archway in Scone Palace.
Scone Palace is used on the penultimate round of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge as the first and second stage on Friday (Oct. 15) evening. The route for the stage, which is the same as last season, would have run beneath the archway, which was constructed in 1590.
Rally of Scotland clerk of the course Iain Campbell said there was a back-up plan for the stage, but he expected there to be no deviation from the original route.
The archway was smashed in the accident when a van was leaving the venue after picking up a marquee which had been used during a ball at the weekend. The stonework is an iconic entrance to the Palace, which once housed the Stone of Destiny and was a crowning place for kings of Scotland.
William Murray, the master of Stormont and son of the 8th Earl of Mansfield, said work had already begun to assess the damage and start the rebuilding process.
The work will not, however, be completed in time for the start of Britain's International Rally Championship round.