Marco Andretti opened this weekend's IndyCar round at the Milwaukee Mile by setting the fastest time in today's opening practice session.
Andretti moved to the top with a lap of 21.9217 seconds just over 10 minutes before the end of the session to lower the previous marker set by teammate Ryan Hunter-Reay by just 0.0183sec, and the time remained unbeaten.
Josef Newgarden finished up with the third-fastest lap ahead of Tristan Vautier and Will Power on a morning where the top nine were covered by a tenth of a second.
The session was interrupted by just one brief caution period when James Hinchcliffe scraped the wall at Turn 2, but the Canadian quickly returned to the pits under his own power and finished the morning with the 10th-fastest time.
Pos Driver Team/Engine Time Gap Laps
1. Marco Andretti Andretti/Chevy 21.9217s 33
2. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Chevy 21.9400s + 0.0183s 33
3. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda 22.0006s + 0.0789s 51
4. Tristan Vautier Schmidt/Honda 22.0603s + 0.1386s 54
5. Will Power Penske/Chevy 22.0618s + 0.1401s 58
6. EJ Viso Andretti/Chevy 22.0948s + 0.1731s 37
7. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy 22.1017s + 0.1800s 33
8. Tony Kanaan KV/Chevy 22.1226s + 0.2009s 31
9. Simona de Silvestro KV/Chevy 22.2295s + 0.3078s 59
10. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Chevy 22.2329s + 0.3112s 17
11. Ana Beatriz Coyne/Honda 22.2477s + 0.3260s 71
12. Alex Tagliani Herta/Honda 22.2492s + 0.3275s 46
13. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Honda 22.2582s + 0.3365s 34
14. Sebastian Saavedra Dragon/Chevy 22.2598s + 0.3381s 56
15. Ryan Briscoe Panther/Chevy 22.3122s + 0.3905s 54
16. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Honda 22.3288s + 0.4071s 61
17. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda 22.3401s + 0.4184s 34
18. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda 22.3481s + 0.4264s 48
19. Sebastian Bourdais Dragon/Chevy 22.3740s + 0.4523s 51
20. Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 22.3793s + 0.4576s 30
21. Dario Franchitti Ganassi/Honda 22.3865s + 0.4648s 22
22. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda 22.3915s + 0.4698s 52
23. James Jakes Rahal/Honda 22.4584s + 0.5367s 46
24. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy 22.5771s + 0.6554s 43