After a chaotic race for Round 3 of the BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National presented by Mazda, Scott Anderson won his first National event today at Virginia International Raceway. Lap one resulted in an incident and a black flag for all stations as the drivers headed to the green, taking Skip Barber Cup drivers Greg Strelzoff and Pat Daly out of the race. California Scents pole-sitter Sebastian Ordonez led on the restart, but Anderson quickly grabbed the lead. Ordonez and Anderson continued to battle over the top position throughout the race, and several more incidents caused for the event to have an early end.
The win marked Anderson's first podium of the season, with Sebastian Ordonez finishing in second, his second podium of the season. MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development Driver Danilo Estrela finished third, his second time on the podium this season as well.
Full race report will to follow after the conclusion of the weekend in the Round 3 and 4 weekend wrap up.
UNOFFICIAL Results for Round 1 at Sebring International Raceway
2011 BFGoodrich/Skip Barber National Presented by Mazda
1. (2) Scott Anderson, 22, Fort Collins, CO
2. (1) Sebastian Ordonez, 16, Deerfield Beach, FL
3. (7) Danilo Estrela, 17, Goiania, Brazil
4. (3) Trent Hindman, 15, Wayside, NJ
5. (11) Shelby Blackstock, 21, Nashville, TN
6. (10) Devin Jones, 16, Mooresville, NC
7. (6) Franco Aragones, 14, Cancun, Mexico
8. (5) Brandon Newey, 18, Indianapolis, IN
9. (9) Brian Cook, 41 Northampton, MA
10. (8) Thomas McGregor, 19, Saskastoon, Canada
11. (4) Remo Ruscitti, 17, Burnaby, Canada
12. (12) Greg Strelzoff, 41, Playa Vista, CA
13. (13) Pat Daly (late addition)
Fastest Lap: Shelby Blackstock (2:07.603/ 92.255)
Track Conditions: Warm and sunny
Results will be official pending video review.