All-Inkl Lamborghini drivers Marc Basseng and Markus Winkelhock added victory in the main FIA GT1 World Championship race at Zolder to their win in yesterday's qualifying event.
The No. 38 Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV dominated the one-hour race from pole position to take victory by just over nine seconds. Basseng led into the pit stop sequence before a quick turn-around by the German All-Inkl squad got Winkelhock back out with a two-second lead.
The best of the Hexis Aston Martins, shared by Christian Hohenadel and Andrea Piccini, was propelled from ninth to second by another quick pitstop from the French team. Piccini briefly closed to within 1.1 seconds of Winkelhock before the Lamborghini driver pulled clear.
Winkelhock said: "It was easy actually. The car was great: for two or three laps the balance was not in the car, but after that it was better than yesterday."
Third place went to the Young Driver AMR Aston Martin driven by Alex Muller and Tomas Enge. Muller ran third prior to the pitstops, before Enge was able to pass the Selleslagh-run Team China Chevrolet on his out-lap. He briefly challenged Piccini before having to fend off a challenge from Nicky Catsburg in the Chevy Corvette.
The Corvette, which Catsburg shared with Mike Hezemans, looked set to finish fourth until its pace dropped in the closing stages. That allowed Peter Kox in the Swiss Racing Lamborghini to claim the place by just 0.02sec.
Nissan's chances received a major blow even before the first corner, when both Sumo Power cars were wiped out in a pile-up triggered by contact between Michael Rossi's DKR Corvette and Ricardo Zonta's Nissan.
Results - 37 laps:
Pos Drivers Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Basseng/Winkelhock All-Inkl Lamborghini 1h01m07.338s
2. Hohenadel/Piccini Hexis Aston Martin + 9.250s
3. Muller/Enge Young Driver Aston + 15.465s
4. Wendlinger/Kox Swiss Lamborghini + 17.970s
5. Hezemans/Catsburg China Corvette + 17.995s
6. Piccione/Dusseldorp Hexis Aston Martin + 20.987s
7. Turner/Mucke Young Driver Aston + 23.222s
8. Martin/Makowiecki Marc VDS Ford + 23.345s
9. Luhr/Krumm JR Nissan + 24.936s
10. Hennerici/Leinders Marc VDS Ford + 29.170s
11. Pavlovic/Matzke Belgian Ford + 48.558s
Dumbreck/Westbrook JR Nissan 5 laps
Beche/Ickx Belgian Ford 4 laps
Schwager/Pastorelli All-Inkl Lamborghini 0 laps
Zonta/Bernoldi Sumo Power Nissan 0 laps
Campbell-Walter/Brabham Sumo Power Nissan 0 laps
Rossi/Camara DKR Corvette 0 laps
Nilsson/Janak Swiss Lamborghini 0 laps