Filipe Albuquerque continued his excellent practice form at Oschersleben by setting the pace in the second session for this weekend's DTM race at the circuit.
The Portuguese driver's 1m22.306s lap with half an hour to go was 0.056sec faster than the similar old-spec Audi of Miguel Molina, and allowed the Team Rosberg driver to stay on top, ahead of the Abt man, for the rest of the session.
Bruno Spengler was the best of the Mercedes drivers, and the quickest of those in newer-spec machinery. The HWA man was third, 0.199sec off Albuquerque's pace, but significantly five places ahead of championship leader Martin Tomczyk.
Mike Rockenfeller and Timo Scheider were fourth and sixth quickest in their Abt Audis, the pair sandwiching Ralf Schumacher's HWA Mercedes, despite both having offs at Turn 1 during the session.
Oliver Jarvis (Abt Audi), Tomczyk (Phoenix Audi) and Gary Paffett (HWA Mercedes) were next up, while Mattias Ekstrom completed the top 10.
Abt driver Ekstrom, like his team-mates Rockenfeller and Scheider, went off at Turn 1 after outbraking himself. Each of the trio was able to make a U-turn on the small patch of asphalt run-off without reaching the gravel trap.
Grand prix winner David Coulthard was the best of the old-spec Mercedes drivers in 11th for Mucke while Jamie Green (HWA) and Albuquerque's teammate Edoardo Mortara were lower than usual in 13th and 15th.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Filipe Albuquerque Rosberg Audi 1m22.306s
2. Miguel Molina Abt Audi 1m22.362s + 0.056s
3. Bruno Spengler HWA Mercedes 1m22.505s + 0.199s
4. Mike Rockenfeller Abt Audi 1m22.517s + 0.211s
5. Ralf Schumacher HWA Mercedes 1m22.525s + 0.219s
6. Timo Scheider Abt Audi 1m22.625s + 0.319s
7. Oliver Jarvis Abt Audi 1m22.636s + 0.330s
8. Martin Tomczyk Phoenix Audi 1m22.674s + 0.368s
9. Gary Paffett HWA Mercedes 1m22.768s + 0.462s
10. Mattias Ekstrom Abt Audi 1m22.774s + 0.468s
11. David Coulthard Mucke Mercedes 1m22.817s + 0.511s
12. Christian Vietoris Persson Mercedes 1m22.825s + 0.519s
13. Jamie Green HWA Mercedes 1m22.901s + 0.595s
14. Maro Engel Mucke Mercedes 1m22.919s + 0.613s
15. Edoardo Mortara Rosberg Audi 1m23.075s + 0.769s
16. Renger van der Zande Persson Mercedes 1m23.091s + 0.785s
17. Susie Stoddart Persson Mercedes 1m23.569s + 1.263s
18. Rahel Frey Phoenix Audi 1m23.611s + 1.305s