Karel Abraham emerged fastest as poor weather at Misano meant another dearth of action in second MotoGP practice.
Much like the morning session, conditions were cold, damp and windy. While never especially wet, the track was too damp for slicks to be much use and not damp enough to make wet set-up testing worthwhile.
Once again that meant very little activity among the leading riders, with Jorge Lorenzo, Valentino Rossi and Dani Pedrosa among those sitting the session out entirely.
There was at least a prototype on top this time, with Karel Abraham's 1m42.030s on the Cardion Ducati putting him fastest by 1.2 seconds over James Ellison's Paul Bird-run CRT Aprilia.
Michele Pirro, who has been linked to a Ducati role in 2013, was third on Gresini's CRT entry.
Jonathan Rea took advantage of the opportunity to get a little running as he prepares for his MotoGP debut on Casey Stoner's regular Honda. He was fifth of the 11 riders who registered times.
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Karel Abraham Ducati 1m42.030s
2. James Ellison Paul Bird Aprilia 1m43.204s + 1.174s
3. Michele Pirro Gresini FTR-Honda 1m44.299s + 2.269s
4. Yonny Hernandez Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m44.565s + 2.535s
5. Jonathan Rea Honda 1m44.999s + 2.969s
6. Danilo Petrucci Ioda Suter-BMW 1m45.048s + 3.018s
7. David Salom Avintia FTR-Kawasaki 1m46.351s + 4.321s
8. Ben Spies Yamaha 1m46.471s + 4.441s
9. Randy de Puniet Aspar Aprilia 1m50.103s + 8.073s
10. Mattia Pasini Speed Master Aprilia 1m50.641s + 8.611s
11. Alvaro Bautista Gresini Honda 1m50.977s + 8.947s